WDDM Home DISCUSSION ON HOW TO PROMOTE DIRECT (TRUE) DEMOCRACY

WDDM Forum : Proposals and Initiatives

Any member can post here proposals concerning WDDM (its function, mission, goals, organization). 
Goto: Forum ListMessage List• New Topic • Search • Log In
Re: Deciding the future course of action
Posted by: koikaze (IP Logged)
Date: September 04, 2007 06:15AM

I am of two minds regarding the material you posted.

First, and most important (to me), is the matter of diverse opinions. You make the excellent and critical point that "Extreme differences as well as total similarity in views are both detrimental for healthy constructive action." The question that always comes to my mind is: How can we encourage both focus and diversity so the elements of ideas are examined, and, to the greatest extent possible, resolved. Then, how can we record, set aside or list those commanding general agreement in such a way that they can be referred to in subsequent discussions. By building a base of accepted ideas, we will construct a foundation for action. To some extent, that depends on the structure of exchanges on the various ideas.

The second is that I have no wish to identify with ... or be identified with ... any political perspective. In my opinion, it will take many years ... centuries, in fact ... to develop a genuinely democratic society. My attention is directed to how that can be accomplished, regardless of the transient political atmosphere. For that reason, I respectfully decline the opportunity to test my political preferences.

Fred

Options: Reply To This Message • Quote This Message
Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Deciding the future course of action 865 PVR 08/18/2007 11:10PM
  Re: Deciding the future course of action 422 MiKolar 08/21/2007 07:39PM
  Re: Deciding the future course of action 410 PVR 08/23/2007 05:29AM
  Re: Deciding the future course of action 458 PVR 08/28/2007 05:15AM
  Re: Deciding the future course of action 383 koikaze 09/04/2007 06:15AM
  Re: Deciding the future course of action 397 RoyDaine 09/20/2007 09:31AM
  Re: Deciding the future course of action 403 BrEggum 09/20/2007 03:20PM

Get Firefox!       Powered by Phorum.       PHP