WDDM Home DISCUSSION ON HOW TO PROMOTE DIRECT (TRUE) DEMOCRACY

WDDM Forum : Proposals and Initiatives

Any member can post here proposals concerning WDDM (its function, mission, goals, organization). 
Goto: Forum ListMessage List• New Topic • Search • Log In
Re: Deciding the future course of action
Posted by: PVR (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2007 05:29AM

The political compass deepens our understanding of politics and I am happy that I got the link at the right time. When I suggested that we assess ourselves and display the results when everyone was done with it, I was thinking that the result would confirm my feeling that most of the people who have the true spirit of democracy would find themselves as libertarian left. As expected Mirek, Mark, Giorgio and myself have found ourselves to be libertarian left. I suggest other members of the WDDM also do it and inform whether I am right.

In other words, those having the true spirit of democracy have a particular profile that has been brought out by the political compass, brilliantly designed. Cheers to the designers. Another thing that is striking is that most of the people who are influential and are in power in today's world are all placed diametrically opposite - that is authoritarian right.

Mark's suggestion that the compass could have included the perspective towards democracy that one believes in is fine. It is indirectly indicated by the position - those who are truly democratic would most probably be libertarian left. However Mark differentiates between people deciding and leader deciding, which seems to be the crux of the problem that is haunting us. I have been suggesting that we view perspective towards democracy as people in control vs party in control.
I request Mark to review the matter.

The task is cut out for those who have the true spirit of democracy. We have to forget our minor differences and agree on a common action plan and we should be able to do it.

Options: Reply To This Message • Quote This Message
Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Deciding the future course of action 865 PVR 08/18/2007 11:10PM
  Re: Deciding the future course of action 422 MiKolar 08/21/2007 07:39PM
  Re: Deciding the future course of action 409 PVR 08/23/2007 05:29AM
  Re: Deciding the future course of action 457 PVR 08/28/2007 05:15AM
  Re: Deciding the future course of action 383 koikaze 09/04/2007 06:15AM
  Re: Deciding the future course of action 397 RoyDaine 09/20/2007 09:31AM
  Re: Deciding the future course of action 403 BrEggum 09/20/2007 03:20PM

Get Firefox!       Powered by Phorum.       PHP