WDDM Home DISCUSSION ON HOW TO PROMOTE DIRECT (TRUE) DEMOCRACY

WDDM Forum : Proposals and Initiatives

Any member can post here proposals concerning WDDM (its function, mission, goals, organization). 
Goto: Forum ListMessage List• New Topic • Search • Log In
Re: Getting down to action
Posted by: koikaze (IP Logged)
Date: September 27, 2007 07:18AM

Good Morning, PVR

In an effort to encourage broader participation in the Direct Democracy concept, I plan to post a national question on the myverdict.net site. The site also offers state-level questions, which are significant electoral constituencies in the U. S. I believe Mr. Daine plans to provide for lower-level questions, as well.

I'll admit I'm guessing, but I think the concept is most likely to catch fire as a result of a heated local issue. I understand such an issue arose in a southern U. S. city a week or so ago. It resulted in a publicized mass protest. I also understand the flames were fanned on the internet, but I've no idea what the site was. If it had been myverdict.net, those who read about it would have started thinking about using the same approach in their community. If, and when, that happens the concept will gain publicity and spread quickly.

The cited instance raises a question we should consider. In that case, the internet was used to incite a mass protest. It is a short distance from a mass protest to a riot. Is it possible the Law of Unintended Consequences will confound the efforts of Direct Democracy and lead to greater chaos?

Fred

Options: Reply To This Message • Quote This Message
Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Getting down to action 1186 PVR 09/25/2007 07:27PM
  Re: Getting down to action 596 koikaze 09/27/2007 07:18AM
  Re: Getting down to action 616 RoyDaine 09/27/2007 10:56AM
  Re: Getting down to action 557 PVR 09/28/2007 08:59PM
  Re: Getting down to action 535 RoyDaine 09/29/2007 02:11AM
  Re: Getting down to action 572 RoyDaine 09/27/2007 06:47AM

Get Firefox!       Powered by Phorum.       PHP