01896: Re: [WDDM] Re:[WDDM] Non direct-democracy items

From: Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 08:28:54 +0200
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Re:[WDDM] Non direct-democracy items

Hi,

Of course I too agree with Jim Powell's point.  I find his contribution
very close to the real problem of (the lack of) Direct Democracy.

Let me express his point in other words:

    "Top-down managed policies with a bottom-up origin
    are the only ones
  that  function  properly":

i.e., to stick to Jim's point:

    that are appropriate as entries of Direct Democracy

Right, the employers, voters and such "bottom" inhabitants have to be in
control of what the employees, politicians, administrators and such "top"
inhabitants manage for the community's life.

Unfortunately, those who are currently in power and manage to originate
their own top-down policies for their private interests and make them be
"democratically" approved by the innocent -- all of which is inappropriate
to Direct Democracy -- know very well the control mechanism.  They do
simply control the "bottom" inhabitants by means of the PR industry they
own, through indoctrination, political propaganda and the media control,
aiming to manufacture the people's consent -- really, the controlling power
of the "bottom" inhabitants.

Any comment, before going on?

Regards,

antonio