00766: Re: [WDDM] ReQuest for Defining "a bottom-up origin"

From: "Pras Anand" <pras_anand(at)hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 12:21:25 -0000
Subject: Re: [WDDM] ReQuest for Defining "a bottom-up origin"

Pras, can you explain this in more detail:
The more community contributions someone has generated - the more right
they gain on votin on increasingly complex issues.
How democratic is this???
What kind of community contributions? In the past, personal wealth was
apparently considered such a contribution that determined the voting weight
of
the individual. This is considered undemocratic at present, at least in
theory.

Mirek

If I explain here my solution I will be giving away an idea that has been
highly recognised as brilliant (by many of those working in the field at a
high level)

What I can say now is only that democracy itself is unfair

imagine a thousand people vote on whether to build an earthquake generator
or not. 10 of those thousand know it is a terrible idea and will bring the
mountain down and destroy the town etc. the other 900 vote for it because of
the promises of gold.

They build it and the town is destroyed by a collapsing mountain. They all
die.

This is democracy.I can't explain here how - but the idea i have basically
is to create a rewards system for actions that are for the benefit of the
community - IE you aren't paid for being kind to others. So we give people a
reward for this that as it accumulates - they gain more political right to
vote.

I'm already saying too much so if you get that and get excited - please
let's work on it together. The idea is - that if one person has more right
than another - it is because they have contributed more to the others in the
group..

It is hard to visualise in a sense because this system will require an
immersive technology framework. The kind that will be ubiquitous in about
5-10 years. But now is the time to design the engines for this - and
according to recent meetings with the top technologists in this field from
around the world - I can safely say that I'm on to something here.

Once I have a development scenario I will pull together an event and invite
everyone here to try it and bash it up to see what is potentially flawed in
it's design.