WDDM Home DISCUSSION ON HOW TO PROMOTE DIRECT (TRUE) DEMOCRACY

WDDM Forum : Executive Board Proceedings

WDDM Executive Board will post all its dealings in this forum for the scrutiny of the members.  
Goto: Forum ListMessage List• New Topic • Search • Log In
Re: Subject: Heads up on an upcoming WDDM concern - Elections Authority
Posted by: BrEggum (IP Logged)
Date: June 10, 2007 10:54PM

Thanks Mirek, the electoral process would depend on Webmaster process, as well as posting various minutes etc.

However the process of election must be written into a repeatable form that all know how to do and can refer to the document if necessary for review.

It is also necessary to discuss the secret or open ballot. I believe the Board must be able to elect to have a secret ballot when the Board deems necessary. For instance if an ethics matter of a member is in process. Officer elections etc. should be secret or people may feel obliged to vote for friends etc.

This should come from the Board. If the Board asks for help from members, good luck. That is why we have a Board. We do NOT have that many participating members. Another reason membership criteria is needed.

There could be a WDDM Mail list membership "WDDM Open" <open@world-wide-democracy.net>, This could be for WDDM supporters, people interested in our "news" but who do not care to be involved with the mechanics of the Organization. I belong to many organizations as an email subscriber. This shows my support. I do not want to be an officer or take part in their business meetings. I am sure there are many who are now considered active WDDM members who only want a email.

The active people would meet the membership criteria which needs to be written by the board.

These things need to be done before we begin to expand our work in any way.

BReggum

Bruce Eggum Wisconsin USA
www.doinggovernment.com

Options: Reply To This Message • Quote This Message
Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Subject: Heads up on an upcoming WDDM concern - Elections Authority 377 mantell 06/02/2007 01:07PM
  Re: Subject: Heads up on an upcoming WDDM concern - Elections Authority 212 BrEggum 06/03/2007 11:27AM
  Re: Subject: Heads up on an upcoming WDDM concern - Elections Authority 315 mantell 06/03/2007 04:50PM
  Re: Subject: Heads up on an upcoming WDDM concern - Elections Authority 221 BrEggum 06/03/2007 05:29PM
  Re: Subject: Heads up on an upcoming WDDM concern - Elections Authority 233 WebMaster 06/10/2007 10:00PM
  Re: Subject: Heads up on an upcoming WDDM concern - Elections Authority 205 BrEggum 06/10/2007 10:54PM

Get Firefox!       Powered by Phorum.       PHP