02717: Re: [WDDM] DD in Warsaw Ghetto (for Ted Becker et Al)

From: Georges Metanomski <zgmet(at)yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 00:59:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [WDDM] DD in Warsaw Ghetto (for Ted Becker et Al)

Hi Ted,
I was impressed by your rational, intelligent and
pragmatic post making a refreshing change in the WDDM
mainstream.
I skip your assertions in my answer, not because I find
them wrong or unimportant, but because the only comment
I could make would be "OK" and I wish to keep the
present as brief as possible.

My intention was always to bring to the WDDM my experience
of working for and with kibbutzim and, in particular,
of the first European DD decision made in the Warsaw Ghetto,
that of the uprising in which I took part and which affected
my moral and social views for life.

KIBBUTZ IN THE GHETTO
Many people know the bunker of 18 Mila Street as the
headquarters of Mordechai Anielewicz, commander of the
ZOB (Jewish Fighting Organization) and of the Ghetto
uprising.

But only few know that it was also the seat of a
HaShomer HaTsair (Young Guardian) kibbutz founded by
Anielewicz in the Ghetto. HaShomer HaTsair (HH) was
a movement bringing together young Polish Jews sharing
a secular, communist and democratic ideology embodied
by kibbutzim, collectivities molding their life
accordingly.

HH ideology resembles surprisingly Einstein's "new
reason", which confirms its principle: "There are innumerable
dogmatisms, but only one rationality". HH rationality
rejects abstract generalities, admitting only their
factually verifiable instances.

Thus, it rejects the phantasm of "nationality", admitting
but its cultural appearances in a purely descriptive manner.

Thus, it denies religious dogmas any moral, social or
political legitimacy and accepts religion only as a social
phenomenon.

It rejects the homonym of "communism" kidnapped by the
Soviet tyranny defining its own "communism" as "everyone
according to his capacities; to everyone according to his
needs" - as the regime where an unproductive invalid
needing costly treatment gets more than the most productive,
healthy man.

It rejects the homonym of "democracy" kidnapped by the
uncrowned kingdoms of the West, replacing it with "regime
where the power is exerted directly by the people".
Considering its communism as a necessary condition of
democracy, as in the jungle of the "free economy" power
is sold at auctions called "elections".

It's remarkable that with the first notable direct
democratic decision of our civilization, approving
Anielewich's call to "die upright spitting in their
face", the participants opted for their own death.

Cheers
Georges.