02610: RE: YES! LET'S SELL THE PARTHENON WORLD WIDE: THE WWDD MOTION

From: wbm@world-wide-democracy.net
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 11:41:44 -0500
Subject: RE: YES! LET'S SELL THE PARTHENON WORLD WIDE: THE WWDD MOTION

---- Forwarded message from georgantzas(at)fordham.edu -----
    Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 16:51:50 -0500
    From: "Nicholas C. GEORGANTZAS" <georgantzas(at)fordham.edu>
Subject: Message sent from WDDM Wiki
      To: wbm@world-wide-democracy.net

RE: YES! LET’S SELL THE PARTHENON WORLD WIDE: THE WWDD MOTION

My dear friends,

Yes! The Germans are right! Let’s sell our Parthenon WORLD WIDE. But NOT the real estate. Let us sell WORLD WIDE what the Greek Parthenon stands for.

Our Parthenon stands for DIRECT DEMOCRACY (DD). It is the product of DIRECT DEMOCRACY in classical Greece.

And since it is the Greek DD know-how that we are to sell WORLD WIDE, this is what my WWDD MOTION is all about (s.a., http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/).

In his «Greek Mess, Euromess, Western Nations Mess, World Mess?» commentary, Dr. Immanuel Wallerstein has formulated the current global situation as «a world-wide game of chicken». In this game, the players’ expected payoffs can only be maximized if and only if all players collaborate.

The fact that «everyone seems to be waiting for who will flinch first» shows a lack of collaboration. So, in order to reverse the current WORLD-WIDE situation, Greece must name its price for our WORLD-WIDE Parthenon (DD) sale.

First, we must ask for a total write-off of all our national debt WORLD WIDE. Second, we demand a WORLD-WIDE knowledge transfer to Greece so that we can become an industrial country, capable of exploring and exploiting or natural resources to our own benefit.

The existing WORLD-WIDE government polyarchies cannot collaborate because, as Dr. Wallerstein points out, they are busy hunting for votes in order to survive. So the best these governments can do WORLD WIDE is to abdicate. Give up!

Before they make it so, they must first revise their extant constitutions and also train regular people to transform them: from polyarchy subjects (υπηκόους) to self-governing democracy citizens (πολίτες). This will be a short, say 6-month long, transition period, during which WWDD is installed.

During this time, regular subjects will tranform into citizens. And all professional politicians who, per Dr. Wallerstein, are part of the WORLD-WIDE problematic, will have to adjust to their new economic-wage, as opposed to political-wage, status.

This is my WWDD motion. At once, it is a best-case scenario of what could happen both for Greece and WORLD WIDE.

The alternative, worst-case scenario is rather WORLD-WIDE grim. If, as Dr. Wallerstein shows, China and perhaps India are the target of the current WORLD-WIDE polyarchy then, if the polyarchy succeeds, then we the people of planet Earth are doomed WORLD WIDE.

Are we to stay in our current state of fear of liberty, only because liberty implies choice and choice in turn means hard work? The WWDD motion means hard work. Yet the alternative is a WORLD WIDE doom.

You see, no matter how you look at this, we are between a rock and a hard place. I cannot see any win-win scenario other than my «collaborate to win WWDD motion». Can you?

Nikko
Nicholas C. GEORGANTZAS
Professor, Management Systems
Director, System Dynamics Consultancy
FORDHAM UNIVERSITY BUSINESS SCHOOLS
113 West 60th Street, Suite 617-D
New York, NY 10023-7484
U.S.A.
1-917-667-4022 | Fax: 1-212-765-5573 | E-mail: georgantzas(at)fordham.edu
http://www.cambridgewhoswho.com/Members/NY/Nicholas-Georgantzas-758741.html

The Immanuel Wallerstein commentary:
Greek Mess, Euromess, Western Nations Mess, World Mess?
http://www.iwallerstein.com/greek-mess-euromess-western-nations-mess-world-mess/

Nicholas C. GEORGANTZAS

----- End forwarded message -----