02292: Credible on line voting

From: "Jim Powell" <autoinfo(at)acenet.co.za>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 08:43:25 +0200
Subject: Credible on line voting

Hi All

I have been conducting a local community survey with input from Bill McConochie.

The system is crude with an excel file being emailed and the results emailed back with a copy and paste onto the master file. This system is labour intensive and obviously open to manipulation.

The system needs to be web based and verifiable with independent referees. I would suggest that a panel of members be set up internationally from WDDM to audit the process. The person on the board where the vote is taking place would be excluded.

Regards

Jim Powell South Africa