02123: WDDM Charter Initiative

From: Bruce Eggum <bruce.eggum(at)gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 15:25:57 -0500
Subject: WDDM Charter Initiative

Democracy and WDDM AIM

I believe our discussions have led us away from our original intent.

Democracy, Greek, ‘rule by the people’ or majority rules. Of course modern democracy has rightfully provided for minority rights etc.

The Axiom “the people have the right to petition their government” provides the tool needed to establish methods for the people to rule their Territory, their Community.

The citizens of any community, nation, territory of people can meet [assemble] and write a petition [initiative] to establish themselves as the ruling authority.

WAT then?

Obviously the people must establish a process for them to deliberate and decide as well as assert their decisions.

The Initiative and Binding Referendum process is a proven method and would be a good beginning. Once I&BR is established, the people could develop and change this governing process in whatever way they choose.

Therefore I propose that WDDM reinstate the original founding document as our Charter. http://tinyurl.com/y8c3j9

We can than establish our AIM and Mission statements based on our Charter.

I am looking for seconds and than a referendum on this Initiative.

Sincerely, Bruce Eggum

Bruce Eggum
Gresham Wisconsin, USA
http://www.doinggovernment.com/