01985: Re: [WDDM] Most recent WDDM Newsletter, Nomination of Mike Gravel,

From: <WDDM webmaster>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 14:39:59 -0800
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Most recent WDDM Newsletter, Nomination of Mike Gravel,

Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 09:11:07 -0800
From: Joshua N Pritikin <jpritikin(at)pobox.com>
To: wddm@world-wide-democracy.net

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 12:02:35AM -0800, Ron White wrote:
Your remarks about 911 and the Pentagon? Surely you jest.
Whatever happened in NYC, you are getting off the topic of direct
democracy.

One idea we are working on is selling DD as something you lack rather
than as something extra that you need. The right to vote, suffrage, is
something that most people understand that they want. The struggle for
women's suffrage is still fresh in many people's minds. Then: What is
the use of the right to vote if you can't vote on substantiative issues?
This argument is effective especially in USA because we have uneven
availability of ballot initiatives. This is like women having the right
to vote in some states but not others. Is that fair?

--
American? Vote on the National Initiative for Democracy, http://votep2.us