01772: RE: [WDDM] Regarding the social network site

From: ROY DAINE <rdaine(at)btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 18:09:20 +0100 (BST)
Subject: RE: [WDDM] Regarding the social network site

It depends on your version of DD. To many people, the Swiss model incorporates all the DD they require.

I say again - Reality.

Research DD websites. How many contributors do they have. Not many.

Try posting a DD question at MySpace and see what interest you generate. Not much. And most of it garbage.

The world will not change merely because you want it to.

The world will definitely not change to your idea of a Kibbutz system.

Even where I&R exist, the population does not spend a significant portion of their time exercising their options but at least they're able to do so if they wish.

Try and accept that most people just want to be able to get on with their own lives.

I'm a supporter of DD. I don't necessarily want to have a say on every issue. I just want to be able to, if and when I choose to.

I've looked at the site you mentioned. I did not find it convincing.

Roy
Georges Metanomski <zgmet(at)yahoo.com> wrote:

--- ROY DAINE <RDAINE(at)BTINTERNET.COM> wrote:

> Let's rid ourself of the myth that Switzerland has
> the only model worth emulating.
===============
G:
Switzerland is not DD, but I&R, which not only is not
DD, but an obstacle on the way to DD, for reasons
explained in "Shadow Parliament".

http://findgeorges.com/ROOT/WRITINGS/POLITICS/shadow_eng.html

Even Athenes was not DD, but Oligarchy, eliminating
slaves, metecs and women from the governance.

The only real, full fledged DD exists in Israeli
Kibbutzim and I always advised a stage in a Kibbutz
for any sincere DD protagonist.