01507: Re: what is "leftist economy" - Re: Deciding the future course of action

From: echarp <emmanuel.charpentier(at)free.fr>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 14:53:01 +0200
Subject: Re: what is "leftist economy" - Re: Deciding the future course of action

I tend to think that political freedom does not "imply" a left economy.

They are orthogonal matters, where a democracy could decide to have a
left economy, just as well as they could choose a right one.

In fact a "normal" economy, should probably have components of both. For
example worker led factories can cohabit with companies led by only one
man.

What about the most direct democracy we have today: Switzerland? Is it
not very rightist?

About the food system, we can discuss about it, but at the end I would
propose that the causes probably lie in the consumer's mind and the way
this mind is manipulated: advertising, trademarks. What do you think?
Why not remove this political artificial construct which some people
call "intellectual property"?

About the producer/consumer relationship, why should we favor one or the
other in that relationship? What about free market to let them enter in
win-win relationships? (the collectivity can give money to its poorest
members to make sure they don't enter in transactions out of physical
needs).

echarp