01497: Re :Re: [WDDM] Supporting the spirit of Democracy

From: "Vijayaraghavan Padmanabhan" <vijayaraghavan.p(at)rediffmail.com>
Date: 27 Sep 2007 14:03:58 -0000
Subject: Re :Re: [WDDM] Supporting the spirit of Democracy

Dear Roy Daine,
I tried the link and found it to be working. Probably copying it and pasting it on the address bar may help.
Regarding your suggestion for posting the matter as international question on My Verdict, I would like to express myself frankly. Such mobilization of opinions are relevant and crucial in today's world. But being attracted towards it also depends on the individual's temperament. Some years back I used to be deeply motivated to express myself on such forums. Nowadays it no longer satisfies to merely express my view. I prefer to do something concrete to change the situation and hence my enrolment in the WDDM. I think many may feel the same way. If only you can modify My Verdict to act as a platform as I have suggested in my new thread, it would be great (for me and likes of me). It is no doubt a more pro-active approach and I wonder if it suits your temperament.

PVR

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 11:01:03 +0100 (BST) wddm@world-wide-democracy.net wrote
PVR, Tried to visit said site, there appears to be some sort of error. Why not post an international question regarding Burma at myverdict.net. I'll certainly support it. I'd do it myself but I feel that it is not my place to start threads. The site has to stand or fall based on other peoples use of it. Best RoyVijayaraghavan Padmanabhan <vijayaraghavan.p(at)rediffmail.com> wrote: Dear All,While we are endeavouring to improve the quality of our democracies, we still find countries where even the basic democratic spirit is suppressed. It would be appropriate to express our support to the Burmese people.http://www.avaaz.org/en/stand_with_burma/PVREnhance democracy. Make your views known on every issue.