01226: Re: The Key Issue

From: echarp <emmanuel.charpentier(at)free.fr>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 11:37:27 +0200
Subject: Re: The Key Issue

+1

I totally agree, some kind of at least semi formal organisation is
needed in order to introduce more democracy in our current
"democracies".

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 07:35:39PM -0500, Bruce Eggum wrote:
FOUNDING DOCUMENTS
WORLDWIDE DIRECT DEMOCRACY MOVEMENT, WDDM

PREAMBLE
We, members of the Continuing International Congress on Direct Democracy
(CICDD) decided during our second Congress in Delphi, Greece, the birthplace of
democracy, to establish a formal Worldwide Direct Democracy Movement. We
dedicate ourselves to work toward the introduction of Direct Democracy (DD)
into the representative systems, through Citizens Initiatives and Referendums,
and, ultimately, transform them peacefully to true democracies of the people.
We pledge ourselves to remain faithful to genuine democratic principles as
expressed in our Mission Statement. We aim to inspire others to join us and
help to develop principles and methods leading to direct democracy (DD) of the
people. We have been and will remain dedicated members of CICDD and share our
ideals and proposals with all participants in the Network, individuals, and
families.

Yes! There is an initial direction to the group, which is worthwhile and
pragmatic!

The end result is still not fixed, and that's good, but at least we
should all agree that there are interesting intermediate possibilities.

echarp - http://leparlement.org