01225: Re: What the Hell is Democracy?

From: echarp <emmanuel.charpentier(at)free.fr>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 11:09:57 +0200
Subject: Re: What the Hell is Democracy?

Distributed democracy, that's interesting, because I'm doing that with
http://leparlement.org :)

It works as a P2P system, exchange protocol being mails. It's not just
decision making, it's also discussion.

Could it share attributes with what you have in mind?

echarp

On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 08:18:41AM +0200, Mr Pras wrote:
What?

A global political manifestation designed to bring a distributed democracy to
any group who wants it. The Distributed Democracy is an open platform for
distributed decision making. It is also responsible for bringing the project
into the political system so that choices made are actual.

How?

By combining the research, policy, technology and approach of Vox Populi and
Social Computer we have created a new form of distributed political party. The
party does not waste time discussing policies. Instead, we present them to
people in interesting ways and engage them in the subject.