01110: Re: [WDDM] Re: WDDM Board

From: "Mark Antell, editor CitizenPowerMagazine.net" <citizenp(at)citizenpowermagazine.net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 21:37:23 -0400
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Re: WDDM Board

Hello Richard,
We don't have a mission statement as yet.  The charter proposal included a mission statement but it was not approved.  The rest of the charter proposal was approved by a 2/3 majority of those voting and was therefore adopted.  The charter is what it is ... but it does provide a clear steps for modification and addition.
Mark

----------------------------------

Richard Moore wrote:

Mark Antell, wrote:
Hello Richard Moore,
Have you decided whether to take the WDDM board position?  If so, the three of us (you, George, and I) plus Mirek, should probably begin some discussions.
I recommend that we use the recently adopted charter as a point of reference for how we do business. I'd also recommend that we keep other candidates: Nicolas, Bruce, Doug, and PVR in the loop. Best,
Mark Antell

Hello everyone,

It was with great surprise that I learned I was at the top of the list of elected board members. I didn't even know I was running!  Also, I hadn't realized that my postings were being well received by the group. In fact, I had unsubscribed from the list as I didn't think there was much interest in what I had to say. (I've just now re-subscribed). Thanks for keeping me in the loop directly.

As to whether I accept the position, that is partly up to the rest of you. I would only want to accept if I am comfortable with the mission and the charter. And I wouldn't want to impose conditions that make others uncomfortable. Perhaps Mark, George, and I could dialog a bit and see if we can reach a consensus. (I noted that Mirek has chosen to stand aside for the moment.) Then we could pass that by the rest of the group and see how much agreement we've got. If there is sufficient harmony, I'd be glad to participate.

I like a lot of the charter as it stands, but there are a few elements that I'm not comfortable with.

thanks for your support :-)
richard