01109: Re: [WDDM] WDDM BoardElections results

From: <WDDM webmaster>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 17:10:18 -0700
Subject: Re: [WDDM] WDDM BoardElections results

George,

I am sorry but the vote is closed. I checked it out with a few others
and the consensus is that it would be a bad precedent to extend the vote
arbitrarily. But we should try to give more time and notice next time.
The exact results of these elections are not very important anyway,
it was mainly an exercise in community building.
The Board should not turn in the representatives as all their
decisions must be approved by all members. So in theory it doesn't
matter who is on the Board, it should be strictly an executive body. But
given the past low activity of most, Board members may be setting the
agenda more then others.
Mirek

George L. Kokkas Law Office wrote:

Thank you all for the participation,

I am sorry that because of an extraordinary work I am doing
on enforcement of Direct Democracy in local authorities in Greece
and a lot of other professional and family obligations, I could not
follow the voting procedure, even I have not voted yet , although I
would like to have my personal influence on the results! (If it is
possible yet , please inform me web master!!).
Of course I am ready to work for WDDM again hoping that our
nomination as Board through elections will not make us
representatives and will not influence our pure direct democratic
attitude!

George L. Kokkas