01002: Re: WDDM Membership Requirement

From: "Mark Antell, editor CitizenPowerMagazine.net" <citizenp(at)citizenpowermagazine.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:22:08 -0500
Subject: Re: WDDM Membership Requirement

Mirek,
Thanks for the reminder on the issue of minimum membership
requirements. I agree that we should enforce the presently posted
requirement that new members must affirm postive interest in DD (or at
least democracy improvement).
Mark Antell
------------------

WDDM webmaster wrote:

Bernard,
while I share your frustration with the lack of responses to various
proposals in this group, do not despair completely.
Your principles
- submit their opinion without fear of contradiction,
- submit their opinion in it's own right.
will hopefully be incorporated into the charter. Mark Antell, who is
preparing its draft, also liked your principles.

Thanks to Milan Valach for reminding us that we aspire to become the
world-wide DD roof organization of association. His proposal could
solve all our problems for the time being. Let's keep for now as the
only goal the spread of information (resource center). This
encompasses Lee's (or Antonio's) educational efforts. Let then later
the representatives of national DD groups put together a more detailed
charter for WDDM. I personally fully agree with this approach.

Finally, could we somehow soon finalize the question of new members,
please???
Are we accepting anybody without any requirements, or will we be
enforcing the presently posted requirement that new members have to
show some interest in DD (or at least democracy improvement). Can we
make some decision about this, and then be finally consistent?
Namely, we have a new member who has not provided any info about his
relation to DD even after I reminded him to do so some three days ago:
http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/Wiki/MikhailKozyrev