01001: Re: [WDDM] Plan A, etc

From: "Bruce Eggum" <bruce.eggum(at)gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 05:43:14 -0600
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Plan A, etc

Apparently you are now making a huge "global world-wide DD roof organization of association." This was never planned before.

WDDM originally was to make a simple organization which could provide a place for people to meet etc. gather information from educational materials provided. Individual members could take what they had learned and develop it for their own community, within their community, to fit their own community. If they approved it by referendum within their own community it was of their own making.

But never was WDDM to make a global organization such as you are describing. By the way, who is deciding this?

First, the WDDM organization would need to organize within this community of 40+. Than perhaps it could expand if the membership agreed,  but keeping within it's own abilities and community. WDDM has not even been able to organize ITSELF when it was ten, twenty, now 40.

To go about this grand plan without even having a membership criteria, meaningful discussion process,decision making process, no "assigned" treasurer or secretary to keep minutes and records, is suicide in my opinion.

I realize you have been doing much of this Mirek, and thank you. But this needs to be done by WDDM Organization. If WDDM Organization can not take responsibility for itself, than it should cease to exist.

Than it could be taken over by some industrious person, yourself perhaps.
Bruce Eggum

On 2/21/07, <WDDM webmaster> wrote:
Bernard,
while I share your frustration with the lack of responses to various proposals
in this group, do not despair completely.
Your principles
- submit their opinion without fear of contradiction,
- submit their opinion in it's own right.
will hopefully be incorporated into the charter. Mark Antell, who is preparing
its draft, also liked your principles.

Thanks to Milan Valach for reminding us that we aspire to become the world-wide
DD roof organization of association. His proposal could solve all our problems
for the time being. Let's keep for now as the only goal the spread of
information (resource center). This encompasses Lee's (or Antonio's)
educational efforts. Let then later the representatives of national DD groups
put together a more detailed charter for WDDM. I personally fully agree with
this approach.

Finally, could we somehow soon finalize the question of new members, please???
Are we accepting anybody without any requirements, or will we be enforcing the
presently posted requirement that new members have to show some interest in DD
(or at least democracy improvement). Can we make some decision about this, and
then be finally consistent?
Namely, we have a new member who has not provided any info about his relation
to DD even after I reminded him to do so some three days ago:
http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/Wiki/MikhailKozyrev

Bruce Eggum
Gresham Wisconsin, USA
Urge to Surge