00796: Re: [WDDM] Unequal voting rights? - Re: [WDDM] ReQuest for Defining "a bottom-up origin"

From: "Pras Anand" <pras_anand(at)hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:30:11 -0000
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Unequal voting rights? - Re: [WDDM] ReQuest for Defining "a bottom-up origin"

"If the consequences
of implementing this idea affect them, they should have an equal voting
right
on this idea.

Unless the SC adheres to this principle, it cannot be democratic.

If people (children) are educated toward democracy and social
responsibility,
their greatest reward for coming up with a brilliant idea that helps the
whole
community could be the feeling that they made a significant contribution and
the gratitude of others.
If SC is supposed to educate people toward democracy, it should strengthen
this
alternative reward system.
I do not think it is responsible to stress competition in SC. It should
better
stress cooperation."

Firstly, democracy isn't something I'm trying to adhere to. Social
Responsibility yes. You seem to think that democracy is some kind of be all
and end all idea. That is elitist. In fact I never said Social Computer was
supposed to educate people towards democracy or represent it. It's meant to
educate people towards making active choices in life.

Competition and co-operation happen at an organic and individual level and
trying to encourage people to compete or cooperate doesn't work on anything
but a micro level. Secondly, they only co-exist and are both necessary..
You're saying we need good without evil. That's not very realistic.

I'm talking about a system that goes beyond the isms being used todays and
allows us to explore the actual behaviours and choices being made in an
ecology. Anyone who looks deep enough will see that democracy, communism,
fascism etc exist at many levels in all groups. To try and create a form of
governance that adhere's to such basic principles and then tries to apply it
everywhere - will fail. Life is more complex than some model we use to
describe it.