00778: Re: [WDDM] Re to Mirek and Pras: [WDDM] ReQuest for Defining "a bottom-uporigin"

From: "Pras Anand" <pras_anand(at)hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:22:19 -0000
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Re to Mirek and Pras: [WDDM] ReQuest for Defining "a bottom-uporigin"

I agree with what you are both saying..

The situation I am describing is more akin to todays system where you have to fight for information.

The object I'm working on is about more than transparency of information (that is there now just nobody looks for it!) but I'm talking about deep transparency. Like an episode of the simpsons.. People watch it. And they don't realise that they are learning things about the way the world is.

There's no elitism in suggesting that the majority have no clue about most things. Unfortunately that is true. The solution?

Today: Choose for them
Tomorrow: They will choose for themself

Why not today? Because people today are not brought up to think for themselves. Many are and do, but the majority need to learn more about the world. I am focussed on that and Social Computer is an object of study for everyone. So they can see the workings of these systems and get involved and aware of what is going on in society.