00777: Re: [WDDM] ReQuest for Defining "a bottom-up origin"

From: "Pras Anand" <pras_anand(at)hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:17:53 -0000
Subject: Re: [WDDM] ReQuest for Defining "a bottom-up origin"

This is not democracy. What you describe could hardly happen in real
democracy.
Democracy is not about some mechanical voting. Real democracy is about the
same
information available to everybody, democracy is about understanding,
looking
for best solutions, achieving consent.

I thought that your Social Computer project aims at achieving such
understanding, at helping to participate everybody in decision making. Now
it seems more like it is about creating/supporting some sort of knowledge
elite?

Mirek

No the Social Computer is about creating the democracy you describe. The
point is - a real democracy is very rare

Where the information is available to everybody and where people are looking
to achieve consent and understanding.

There are a lot of motions of this nature - these are the people I am
networking with for Social Computer.. It's good that you point this out -
but you must be aware that at all times - my job is to find positive change
and "put it in the box".

I am just challenging people to see what they think ;)