00616: WDDM poll

From: mantell <my-time(at)earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 20:17:52 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Subject: WDDM poll

Hi All,

I’ve joined WDDM to promote direct democracy. I think that the current US system of representative democracy was a very good system, maybe
the best possible, for a large country in the 18th century. Technology has improved, allowing us to improve our democratic system
accordingly.

I'm a bit concerned that WDDM is starting with a bunch of very large goals. I don’t know where improved democracy will lead. I just tend
to believe that most of the people around me are pretty decent, and that government would be better (less oppressive, more focused against
abusive self interests) if it were more closely controlled by average folk.

I will here promote a magazine (which I edit), www.citizenpowermagazine.net. CitizenPowerMagazine is intended to provide a place for
theoretical discussion in support of direct democracy. We also provide other links to the worldwide democracy movement. I intend to keep
this magazine going.

Mark Antell
reply to citizenp(at)citizenpowermagazine.net