00584: Re: Significance of the Cross

From: Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 03:52:43 +0200
Subject: Re: Significance of the Cross

Dear Mikael Stenborg

I had no doubt that you were in favour for number 2.

Yet number 2 deals with one half only of  the task, that
depends on ourselves democracy lovers and democracy
speakers-activists.

The other half, depending on our target -- the people as
democracy final users and democracy listeners -- deals
with the people's capability of processing autonomously
( not top-down led! ) the informations they listen to.

In other words, Democracy is nurtured with freedom
of speech, by all of us democracy lovers who discuss
democracy, and this is one half of the task.

But, as the second half of  the task, Democracy is also
made with freedom from speech.  Which means that
the people-listeners must be free in their minds in order
to pick-up and criticize and awarely use the informations
they are given: but for the reality which those informations
point to and not, NOT for the authority of the power-holder
speaking to them.

To the psychiatrist:
the status of  mind opening to bottom-up democracy --
say, "freedom from speech" -- is a prerequisite of  healthy
minds. Which means, the lack of  democracy goes together
with unhealthy minds, it is nothing else but a mental illness.
I roughly described it as "Less(ened) Flexibility Syndrome",
more at: http://www.flexible-learning.org/eng/lfs_eng.htm

Best regards,

antonio

At 7:06 +0200 26-04-2006, Mikael Stenborg wrote:
I am totally for number 2
BTw I have canged my surname from Nordfors to
Stejnborg, so my name is not any more Mikael Nordfors,
but Mikael Stenborg

2006/4/24, Antonio Rossin < rossin(at)tin.it>:
Dearest Wolfgang, and World Democracy citizens,

to put it into simple clear terms, the problem remains
one only, in principle.  That is:

1.
Shall we decide about what is useless, or harmful,
or else provoking to the people, and protect-prevent
them from being informed accordingly?  So leaving
them into ignorance?

2.
Or shall we inform the people about every issue, and
let them decide by themselves about what could be
useless, or harmful, or else provoking, to them? So
making them become aware as much as possible?

Please answer.

As for myself, I do not care about the power-holders'
resistance, but about the people's awareness.

Best regards,

antonio