00520: Re: WDDM future

From: Bruce Eggum <bruce.eggum(at)gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 14:57:01 -0600
Subject: Re: WDDM future

WDDM members,
I have responded to the poll here and also on this Wiki.
Bruce,

My page is here: http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/Wiki/BrEggum external link

This Wiki page of the Poll is here: http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/Wiki/BrPollexternal link

How To Proceed with WDDM Organizing?

Dec. 18, 2005: This is proposal for conducting a poll among the WDDM members.
Please feel free to comment on this proposal in any way (here in Wiki or in the WDDM mailing list), and add of modify proposed questions.
Discussion of the wording of the poll questions will be closed on Dec. 25, and after that the questions will be submitted to all the members.
They will have another week (10 days, 2 weeks???) to answer them.

Proposed questions:

1. Why have you become a WDDM member? I believe in the Initiative Referendum process known as DD. I believe each Nation / State / Community must have DD. I also advocate a DD which the people maintain total power. WDDM seeks to bring this information to all and for that reason I am a member of WDDM.
2. What should WDDM try to achieve? First, WDDM must define itself and organize itself. Than WDDM can begin providing links and information about DD and methods for each Nation, State, Community can develop DD for itself.
3. Does WDDM need a decision making mechanism (voting)? Certainly. How else can any decision be made? There seems to be some question about consensus or 50% + 1. They are both useful in different situations. This would be defined in the policies. To determine consensus of WDDM, the opinion, position of members of WDDM must be counted. How else to do that than an election? In Cyberspace, it is necessary to vote by email, or a poll etc. Obviously aye/nay or holding up ones hand to show for or against won't work!
4. Is there any point to wait any longer that any spontaneous progress (self-organization) will be made on issues that were moved to AdjournedHistoricalTopics section? These should all be approved as no contrary voice has been raised since their publication. WDDM should have it's own Bulletin Board however.
5. Should instead a small group of active WDDM members formulate all the basic documents (Mission. Goals, Rules, Voting procedures)? This would be helpful. Only a few have the time and are willing to do this work. The end result of course would be approved by the WDDM members by an agreed form of poll, email, or other election process. We must start so we can approve an election process. This poll and response will form the initial methods for these actions until formal methods are written.
6. Do you want to be a part of the group? Yes
7. Should the WDDM mailing list be fully moderated (any postings would have to be approved by one or two moderators to avoid tons of junk mail)? Yes

1. Do you need interactive dynamical site? I read it and agree. However WDDM should have it's own Bulletin Board. I like the Shema index page, find it useful.
2. Do you like/dislike WDDM Wiki? I think Wiki has many uses. Members may feel more comfortable pasting their documents on the Wiki. I believe it should be maintained if it is cost efficient.
3. How complicated is this Wiki to use? It takes a bit to understand. As we continue, we can help each other.
4. Have you tried to read GettingStarted? Yes, it has been helpful. More Wiki information may be useful. Refer to another helpful site could help also.
5. Should Wiki be replaced or supplemented by something else interactive? What? I definitely would like a WDDM Bulletin Board! I suggest we maintain Wiki for a bit to see if we use it more.

On 12/18/05, Leopoldo Salgui <lsalgui(at)demopunk.net > wrote:
This poll is a quite valuable initiative.

Indeed, I will participate submitting my opinion.

Leo