00460: The Republic does not need scientists

From: Georges Metanomski <zgmet(at)wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:11:03 +0100
Subject: The Republic does not need scientists

"M. Kolar" wrote:

I also completely agree with Chris.
I suggest that you do not forward the copies of this kind of abstract
discussions to the WDDM mailing list, it would be nice if you could keep them
in the more appropriate fora. I also hoped we will concentrate here on
those PRACTICAL STEPS as Chris suggests, on how to make this site and the WDDM
somehow useful for the efforts to improve democracy.

Practical Steps

I am the only member of this list who did something
practical:

1.Haifa DD Forum between Arabs and Jews, which reached
a splendid consensus on ME conflict solution, which further
contributed to democratic Ihpatli Movement, which in turn
triggered the Israeli Peace Movement and thus indirectly
but contributed to the recent Gaza pullout.

2. I organized our Village Forum which in perfect DD
3 Functions Procedure (Initiative, Debate, Decision) reached
consensus in debating such problems as drugs, abortion
and death penalty.

It forced local administration to ban chemical herbicides.

It strongly influenced the vote in Parliament on Windmills,
which put a strong brake on the future of the monster.

It is currently debating DD with rather impressing results
to be seen in
http://members.fortunecity.com/georges/workshops/democracy/index.html

All above PRACTICAL activities were logistically supported
by the "New Manner of Thinking", namely RD's Inferencing
System. The current Forum found it, while working on DD,
to be the unavoidable, necessary condition of DD. It is
explicitly stated in the chapter "Transition to Democracy"
of the above site, which you have BTW copied to WDDM
Archive.
Ridiculousness.

The French say "ridicule ne tue pas" - "ridiculousness
does not kill". Did it ever occur to you how ridiculous
sounds the pompous "World Wide Democracy" with 31 members
who, with one or two exceptions, have never done anything
else than goofy prattle. How many thousand years will
go, before anything "practical" will result from this
prattle, if ever?

And is it not ridiculous that when I post a progress report
of an activity requested by the doubtless only DD Forum
in the world, some Chris qualifies it as "rubbish"?
"The Republic does not need scientists" - this verdict has
sent Lavoisier to the guillotine.
WDDM will not ground Republics, but repeats this verdict
in the only context it's capable of, that of sappy prattle.
Georges.