00373: Re: Education

From: Giorgio Menon <menon(at)pd.infn.it>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 09:04:40 +0200
Subject: Re: Education

Georges Metanomski wrote:

We are currently running the Democracy Workshop, which narrows down
the scope of desirable changes, mainly in the chapter "Transition
to Democracy".

Could you, please, try to put your comment in this context?

Cheers
Georges

PS. Navigation:

http://members.fortunecity.com/georges/workshops/democracy/index.html

postulates, definitions and principles
democracy is the best form of governance
3 function forum
proper education
TRANSITION TO DEMOCRACY

which brings us to
http://members.fortunecity.com/georges/demo_archive/transition_to_democracy.html

Hi Georges,
in your article you don't define the reasons why revolutions occur. For
hunger. Both Louis XVI and Nicholas II had illimited resources while
common people had nothing to eat. You say that "we" don't see any
argument for revolution. Maybe "you" don't , but i do. Revolutions are
violent ways to redistribute the wealth. Sometimes there's just no other
option. This opens a wide issue: old feudalism, new bourgeoisie and the
role of money to alienate men from their natural inclinations.

1.2.1.COST.
-----------
"Recent Revolutions exterminated hundreds of millions
and ruined continents."

You are confusing cause and effect. Illimited wealth in the hands of few scrudges causes the extermination of millions and ruins the
continents.
I've already exposed my ideas about the reasons and the nature of WWII. Death, pains and sorrows of the many simply increases the GDP,
thus corporations' profits. Poor suckers simply offer their meat.

"A future Revolution may likely
exterminate billions and ruin the planet."

A future revolution may equally offer a better redistribution of the wealth, wipe out the current oligopoly and offer equal opportunities
for all.
I don't have any crystal ball, and you?
A butterfly flap under extremely chaotic circumstances like a revolution can cause unpredictable results.

1.2.2.DEVIATION FROM OBJECTIVES.
--------------------------------
None of known Revolutions achieved its declared
objectives and most achieved their contrary.

Both the French and the Russian revolution killed their "enemies": the old regime never went back to power.
The feudal taxes that had plagued the Ancien Regime in its last days mainly to sustain the French colonies during the war against Great
Britain in the new continent were removed.
The bourgeoisie had fully gained control over nobles, clergy and common people also thanks to their lethal inventions: science, technology
and money.
This formidable trio is still running our current lives with much satisfaction for all the CEOs and militaries. We, common people,
currently enjoy our TV and cell phone, two authentic revolutions.

Unless you define such objectives no one can ever understand what "their contrary" means.

You then come to your own conclusions.

I particularly agree with you last paragraph (sincerity) but it comes
out like a rabbit from a hat in this article.
One of the most sincerest things a man can experience is hunger:
there's no way to hide it.

Best regards

Giorgio