00297: European democrats win (Re: France rejects shit)

From: Leopoldo Salgui <lsalgui(at)demopunk.net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 20:16:50 +0200
Subject: European democrats win (Re: France rejects shit)

jllortega(at)andorra.ad wrote:
However, one thing seems sure to me, nationalists has won
against European and World Federalist as myself. By nationalism I
understand the attitude to preserve all kind of decision power within the
nation state in the interest first of all of its inhabitants. By European
and World federalism I understand the attitude to transfer some level of
sovereignty upwards to more global parliaments and governmental bodies in
interest of all people across countries.

Dear Josep,
your analysis is wrong. Certainly, during decades the main opposition to the
European integration was the nationalism rejecting the implicit national
disintegration. They used social and democracy defects of the European
integration process but indeed they hate the Europe's concept by itself.

However, the so-called European constituent process has lead to many
europhiles, as me, become actively against the European constitutional
Treaty. The essential virtue of an united European cannot be get at any
price. From Spain, we have been actively against the Treaty due to democracy
reasons. We cannot accept to live in an autocracy only because we are
building the New Europe. Please, check the political positions of democracy
activists against the Treaty
http://www.demopunk.net/en/intern/europe/pcon_euro03_en.pdf
http://www.demopunk.net/en/intern/europe/pcon_index_en.html#INFO20F
and then I will look forward to discussing the benefits of the French
rejection. Yesterday was a great day for the European democrats

Leo