00281: Re: [d-europe] Re: EU Constitution not compatible with democracy

From: Giorgio Menon <menon(at)pd.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 08:14:24 +0200
Subject: Re: [d-europe] Re: EU Constitution not compatible with democracy

Paul Carline wrote:

Perhaps a revolution is needed .... Actually, my great hope is that
the truth about 9/11 will be revealed soon

Once people know what their governments have done in their name there
will be such a rage that the political systems in many countries will
collapse
Regards,

Paul
Regards,

Hi Paul,
i don't think that the majority of the EU population will ever swap
their benefits for more democracy. "Recent" revolutions (1912 and 1789)
were caused by hunger, not by intellectual necessities. Feed the cow and
then milk it. In recent times Italy was hit by the rage of furious
voters who litterally cancelled the most powerful party (Democratic
Christian) with the admirable result that we now have Berlusconi (a
parvenu whose one and only aim is making laws that can prevent justice
from putting him to jail while increasing his empire's profits), Fini
(an old fascist with the façade of virginity) and Bossi (a true
"gentlemen" always ready to send miserable boat men back to where they
came, remove public seats to prevent them to sleep, advocating a
secession war, etc...). I don't wish any other country this infamous
ending......changing Taillerand for Robespierre can't be the solution.

911: this is an even greater extravaganza. Tony Blair has just been
reelected, despite the Iraq war and the evident idiocy of the original
reasons of invasion (WMD). It doesn't seem to me that the arrogant
politics of Blair's UK has been stopped. The truth HAS been revealed,
yet the voters have not shown any rage, thus the same political system
is well alive and kicking, and keeps its troops in Iraq. How can you
hope that the truth about the 911 facts can ever change anything? Bear
in mind that in the UK there's much more freedom of speech than in the USA.

Ok, we all HOPE that things will improve. Facts suggest that things are
not improving though. The large-scale manoeuvers are currently working.

Best regards

Giorgio