00280: Re: [d-europe] Re: EU Constitution not compatible with democracy

From: "Paul Carline" <paul(at)carline.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 14:14:41 +0100
Subject: Re: [d-europe] Re: EU Constitution not compatible with democracy

Dear Leopoldo,

you are exactly right. Many, perhaps most, of those who are actively trying
to prevent ratification of the EU Constitution are not at all interested in
real democracy.

For them, democracy is the pseudo-democracy of government by the elites. It
is the sovereignty of the executive/parliament rather than the sovereignty
of the people which is true democracy.

But this lie is an old one, and therefore more difficult to remove. People
have been conned into believing that what we have as political systems in
almost every country in Europe is democracy. They don't know any better -
and the ruling elites are the last ones to inform them that there is an
alternative to the fake democracy we suffer under.

So one problem is ignorance. The other problem is power. The elites have
engineered the systems so that it is almost impossible for 'the people' to
claim back their sovereignty. Merely changing the voting system will not
necessarily do it (and the UK has one of the most undemocratic voting
systems in the world - an "elective dictatorship").

Perhaps a revolution is needed .... Actually, my great hope is that the
truth about 9/11 will be revealed soon (i.e. the foreknowledge and probable
complicity of the Bush administration, and most likely the UK government -
in addition to Mossad - in the attacks on the Twin Towers).

Once people know what their governments have done in their name there will
be such a rage that the political systems in many countries will collapse,
opening the way for genuinely democratic systems to be put in place.

There is currently a tour of Europe by the Reopen 9/11 organisation.
Presentations have already been made in Amsterdam and Paris. The remaining
tour dates are as follows:
Berlin 29th May
Madrid 30/31 May; 1st June
Vienna 1/2/3 June