00188: RE: Last addition: WDDM own forum

From: Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 07:49:04 +0200
Subject: RE: Last addition: WDDM own forum

At 21:23 +0200 24-04-2005, Josep Lluís wrote, besides other
meaningful things:

(...)

We must now proceed to work, but I believe there are members
not registered at the wiki, and so not able to use neither it nor the
new resources. Is there any particular reason for that?

Josep

I've registered at the wiki, in spite of my reluctance with entering
such web sites, partially because of my age (69 - not the best for
the Internet technology), partially because of my low knowledge
of the English language. Anyway, I did it.

But I wonder whether the Internet technology has to be the only
way to process Democracy. Of course the Internet connection
is mandatory for infos sharing, cooperative efforts organizing etc.

I fear, this process could become another way to set up the
usual hierarchic relationship with the Internet-technocrats in the
role of the leaders - representatives "on behalf of the people",
and the people in the usual proxy role.

Please don't feel offended by this comment of mine, those of
you who are working so hard for providing me and others with
the necessary E-technology. All what I want to mean is, there
is a gap between the E-technocrats and the remaining people.
Let's suppose, this gap will be never filled-in completely -- yet
it presents an obstacle to DD to succeed.

To fill-in to this gap, at least partially, it seems to me that a little
handbook with a glossary and the very basic know-how to use
the Internet, wiki and the new resources would be the case, for
the DD people.

Maybe, there is already a similar tool, to be recommended for
being downloaded from the Internet or purchased at the store.
Yet I've found that such manuals do usually reflect the editor's
purpose: affirmatively, such a guide being edited by our WDDM
web masters having a clear DD purpose should look better.