00162: Hooray for the WDDF

From: "Ted Becker" <becketl(at)auburn.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:37:41 -0500
Subject: Hooray for the WDDF

Thanks to Filia, I just went into the World Direct Democracy Forum.
WELL DONE!!! I see this as the fruit of the small tree we planted in
Pribram growing next to the larger one (the print newsletter)Jiri has
been nurturing for years.

I think we are on the right path now. Two trees make a small garden.
I also read the post about Porto Alegre. Very well written. Anyone who
wants the description and background of what that is and how it
works....it's an excellent introduction.

Unfortunately, JPD will have an article called "What Next for Porto
Alegre" since a conservative right wing mayor has taken office this
year. The article is written by a U of Sao Paulo prof....and will bring
everyone up to date. Also, I'm working with another prof at U Toronto
who is doing excellent comparative research on other Participatory
Budgeting clones of Porto Alegre throughout latin America.

More on that whenever.

Ted.