00160: Hooray for Josep

From: "Ted Becker" <becketl(at)auburn.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:21:10 -0500
Subject: Hooray for Josep

I don't know you Josep.....but Andorra having a DD advocate within our
emerging virtual CCIDD......is a wonderful addition. I promise to do
nothing BUT what you proposed. And, as I've said, where I've moved
since Prague, Athens and Delphi is in seeing the close connection
between "direct democracy" and "deliberative democracy." Thus, I will
post the website of the Journal of Deliberative Democracy sometime in
early May and invite one and all to read about the projects,
experiments, news, opinions from around the world. And to become a
contributor when one feels the spirit move them.

Ted.
=====================

jllortega(at)andorra.ad 04/20/05 11:52 PM >>>
Dear friends,

I am astonished at the current controversies and accusations among
members
of the wddm. I don't understand them and I am not really interested in
them,
they seem to me to respond to no more than the inability to leave some
old
discussions rest in peace. Please convert them to any concrete proposal
that
can be agreed upon or stay silent. I need to know if we are trying to do
some work or just to waste time (amazingly enough, many people seem
intent
in wasting time and energies, as if we had too much of them).

By the way, I welcome any proposal for new resources than can help us to
better communicate and make decisions, but I don't see the need to
current ones until they prove their worth.

Finally, I think everyone should be welcome aboard, whatever this means,
and
that even having a list of founding members is an errors that suggest
being
first means something important. We should have just a list of all
members.

If I have missed something important, please someone clarify.

Best regards,

Josep