WDDM Home DISCUSSION ON HOW TO PROMOTE DIRECT (TRUE) DEMOCRACY

WDDM Forum : WDDM Membership Guidelines

Forum for the discussion of the WDDM organizational structure and the development of the membership guidelines 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage List• New Topic • Search • Log In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The very democratic future of WDDM now at stake
Posted by: BrEggum (IP Logged)
Date: June 22, 2006 08:11PM

Dear Eric and all,

I remind you that I disagreed with the multiple membership scheme from the start. I offered an alternative to #2 however if fell on deaf ears. I finally stated that #2 was workable and I would agree. #2 would allow the "board" (my term) to write the necessary infrastructure for WDDM ORG. I also had DD written in my alternative and when completed the DRAFT would be presented to all members for remarks, changes, approval / disapproval.

That said, web.admin posting does not take away the democracy of WDDM. All it does is provide that the Administrators would be allowed to draw up drafts for WDDM infrastructure. YES we need to be more specific and make statements in this regard while writing the Charter or Constitution.

Of course the Draft will be presented to the members of WDDM for discussion, approval.

NO what is briefly stated in the memo does not dissolve democracy in WDDM. With watch dogs like you how could it? ( I thank you for your observance) We are all aware of democracy and will certainly utilize it.

As to Georges, what we did was a Forum. But a Forum is not always correct nor is it always the desire of the people. A Forum is simply a tool, not majik.

I always agree with Bernard's view of working in local community. That is the way of DD and the way to make it work. However, what WDDM is doing is different. WDDM is supporting DD by providing information and education of how people can develop DD in their own communities and Nations. In order for WDDM to do this it must be a proper Organization.

Also it is important to note, I can have 100% agreement in my community, but if the County, State or Nation rules against it, we are sunk. Thus we need to have DD in more than just the local community and that is what WDDM is trying to help accomplish.

We, the WDDM Group, must marshal our resources to develop an infrastructure which will support the goals of WDDM.

Soon, the American Union (A.U.) will be in place. Like the European Union, there is a great danger that a Dictatorship could rule. We here in America must require a DD statue in the A.U. and we best get at it.

If the memo is not approved, we will simply have to write another which is clearer of what we are doing.

ATB Bruce,

Bruce Eggum Wisconsin USA
www.doinggovernment.com

Options: Reply To This Message • Quote This Message
Posted by: CommonOne (IP Logged)
Date: June 24, 2006 02:35AM

I am beginning to feel the frustration that took Professor Becker out of WDDM's active list.

Corporations and trade associations are run by "officers" and not committees. Each officer does his or her job and the "organization," whether for-profit or not-for-profit, presumably runs smoothly and accomplishes its objectives. It is my impression that we are trying to transform WDDM into a real world organization with a definite objective---to promote DD. Perhaps we should use the word "ASSOCIATION" rather than organization, for in reality, we should end up as an association of DD groups.

But, there's a huge difference between an organization efficiently structured to accomplish its objective, and a democratic body which can not make decisions or take actions without consensus of the group. I guess Eggy said it best in his article about WDDM:
"It would be a losing Army, if all the troops went off in different directions according to their personal whim."

Committees do have their function, but the truths are that a committee by consensus is not the best possible arrangement for what we are proposing, and for all of its existence, WDDM has been a pseudo-democratic discussion group. And nothing more. The additional truth is that none of the other WDDM participants have professed an interest in helping out, or have specifically said they will not help. So why are we concerned with their feelings at this moment. Either it's time to get things done or not. And if not, let's stop wasting Mirek's time maintaining a website and let's simply particpate in the CICDD discussion group.

Moreover, if any one of the five (or more) of us is not in favor of building an organization then he should not be involved in these discussions. And if we are unified in our objective then there shouldn't be the obstacles we seem to be having. Somehow, I don't believe we are all on the same page.

Lee

Posted by: BrEggum (IP Logged)
Date: June 24, 2006 04:38AM

Yes Lee, we must be an organization with officers, charter, by-laws etc.
I offer a glimpse of my idea here [www.world-wide-democracy.net]
BrEggum

Bruce Eggum Wisconsin USA
www.doinggovernment.com

Posted by: CommonOne (IP Logged)
Date: June 25, 2006 02:00AM

Bruce,

It's a little premature for a WDDM constitution, but I have already downloaded your page for study. First impression is that there are lots of good things there.

Lee G

Posted by: WebMaster (IP Logged)
Date: July 18, 2006 07:08PM

Lee,
I think that a group or organization promoting DD must be governed by DD principles, otherwise it would not be credible at all.
Mirek

webmaster

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Get Firefox!       Powered by Phorum.       PHP