WDDM Home DISCUSSION ON HOW TO PROMOTE DIRECT (TRUE) DEMOCRACY

WDDM Forum : How to promote DD?

This forum is dedicated to seeking efficient ways on how to promote and spread DD 
Goto: Forum ListMessage List• New Topic • Search • Log In
Re: Activism needed
Posted by: PVR (IP Logged)
Date: April 30, 2007 11:11PM

Dear Nicothed,
Thank you for your reply. I think everyone who is a member of WDDM is primarily against the so called democratic system in vogue where the political parties play a predominant role so much so that what we have is only a partycracy rather than democracy. The common people who bring governments to power become irrelevant soon after the elections and everyone is at the mercy of the political parties and their leaders. They have their own undeclared agenda being influenced by think-tanks and business houses and the concern of the common people matters little until the arrival of the next election. Thus I think the spirit of WDDM is against this pseudo-democracy that is prevalent.

We do need to have elected governments and political parties serve the purpose of mobilising people's opinion and discussing the pros and cons of different aspects of governance. Under these circumstances the only way to ensure that the elected governments behave democratically would be to keep the political parties away from the corridors of power and confine them to interacting with the people. This is what I have elaborated in my blog.

Partyless Governance is a simple solution to keep the political parties under check and at the same time ensure that the people's concerns are addressed through the elected representative who is independent (hence enabled to act according to his conscience) and is not obliged to any political party, though he may have been intellectually associated with a particular line of political thinking.

I hope that what I have stated is meaningful to you. Of course the idea of Partyless Governance would be too much for many of the political parties who would find that they face the prospect of being confined to do what they are primarily supposed to do, that is acting as intermediaries between the people and the government.

PVR

Options: Reply To This Message • Quote This Message
Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Activism needed 1174 mantell 06/29/2006 02:23AM
  Re: Activism needed 462 CommonOne 07/01/2006 02:00AM
  Re: Activism needed 406 PVR 04/25/2007 02:56AM
  Re: Activism needed 379 nicothed 04/30/2007 12:03PM
  Re: Activism needed 384 PVR 04/30/2007 11:11PM
  Re: Activism needed 381 BrEggum 05/26/2007 01:39PM
  Re: Activism needed 394 BrEggum 05/26/2007 01:54PM

Get Firefox!       Powered by Phorum.       PHP