WDDM Home DISCUSSION ON HOW TO PROMOTE DIRECT (TRUE) DEMOCRACY

WDDM Forum : WDDM Structure

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage List• New Topic • Search • Log In
Edtablishing WDDM
Posted by: BrEggum (IP Logged)
Date: June 11, 2006 09:40AM

Dear WDDM Board

If some group of people wanted to establish an organization, than there are some steps to take. The group decided to have a purpose 1. providing information about DD to the world.

The group named itself 2. WDDM.

George Kokkas went to the Greek Court and filed TO name the organization WDDM. The Greek Court accepted the request, but stated WDDM COULD NOT BE AN Organization because it had no Chapter-Articles of Association.

To date nothing else has been done, just two steps 1. purpose and 2. name. It is up to us to do the rest.

Please note the following email:
----------------------------------------------------
Dear Bruce, May 21, 2006

There are two ways to establish a non profit organisation in Greece and a third informal choice, as we exist since June 2000, just after the 2nd Int. Congress of D.D., having finished its works in Delphi, Greece.
First, we may establish a non profit Association, asking for a kind of approval from the Court of the seat (Athens, as decided) after a discussion of our relative application , made by a 3 to 5 member Comittee. (Do you think that I should put the names and addresses of the recipients of this message? Please send me then details and your type of Signatures). Such an attempt has been done (registered officially before the same Court in Athens, since year 2000, signed in the name of the former Executive Comittee of WDDM- Ted Becker, Jiri Polak, G. Sagi and me- but there was no final discussion of that application, since we never finished our Chapter-Articles of Association). Therefore we have to finish this Chapter first, that has to be signed by 20 natural persons at least,presenting it before the above Court in order to have an official Association, under the Greek Law.The cost of the whole procedure (of course without lawyers' remuneration that this work is an offer of me to the WDDM) can be 800-1000 Euros, plus the necessary publications of the Court decision in a newspaper that has a cost more expensive for bigger papers.
Our other choice is to make a non profit Company, even with a Chapter signed by two perons at least, but we have to follow rules for Administration, taxation and peronal responsibilities of the persons that sign it, which make this form not suitable for WDDM principles and Structure. The cost is a bit cheaper than the Association's cost.
The alternative is what we call legally "Union of Persons" under the relative Constitution's Clause that may be unofficial, without typical licenses from Authorities. It then has to prove its existence practically (de facto) through publicised documents, as printed pages of our site etc. That's the way we exist as WDDM since year 2000, although I think that we are now mature enough to proceed with the first choice, when we finish our Articles of Association and have the signatures of 20 ordinary members.
Of course WDDM may be represented in the meantime and temporarily by our Greek NGO "Forum for Citizens' Democracy" or by our Political DD Party ("European Sympoliteia,Direct Democracy"), as it happens now temporarily with our logo, borrowed from these entities, until we change it after the International Competition for our new logo, that Lee proposed in Prague last September.
Please let me have all your answers and choices to the above alternatives, soon.

George L. Kokkas

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I point to the first paragraph: There are two ways to establish a non profit organisation in Greece and a third informal choice, as we exist since June 2000, just after the 2nd Int. Congress of D.D., having finished its works in Delphi, Greece.

The idea to form WDDM caused WDDM to "exist," it however was not ESTABLISHED as an organization yet. Therefore, what we are doing is ESTABLISHING an Organization. WE are "the group" who has taken this responsibility. We do not have to ask "the members" because there is no Organization of members! There is a group of people. This group of people have been asked if they want to participate in ESTABLISHING this WDDM Organization and they declined by their absence.

Therefore we don' need anyone's approval; don't need to ask any one's permission, we are IT!

We must define a structure which will allow WDDM to function. Obviously from experience WDDM needs a BOARD to do this. Therefore I immediately propose that Miroslav Kolar, Eric Lim, Lee Gottlieb, Bruce Eggum and George Kokkas establish and constitute theWDDM Board. The purpose of the WDDM Board is to form and ESTABLISH the WDDM Organization, to construct all necessary structure including but not limited to: Membership requirements, By-laws, Chapter-Articles of Association. (AoA)

The elements of the Greek " Chapter-Articles of Association" are :

What we call "AoA" is the Chapter of a non profit (and non governmental ) Organisation, that has to face ,at least, the Following:

1) Name of the Association
2) Founding Members
3) Seat-Addresses
4) Marks-Emblems
5) Duration
6) Purposes
7) Means to make Purposes happen
8) Type of Association (Simple-Network-Non profit etc)
9) Members and different kind of Members
(the discussion we just begun in WDDM)
10) Rights and Obligations of Members
11) Capital (deposited) of the Association
12) Types of Income
13) Administration
14) Conflicts Resolution-Arbitration or jurisdiction of Courts responsible to solve disputes
15) Resolution and Liquidation of the Association
16) Different Final Clauses

I suggest we not curtail our efforts with non existent rules, and go forward establishing WDDM. When done, there will be plenty of time for anyone to discuss and change any part of it.

All the Best, BrEggum

Bruce Eggum Wisconsin USA
www.doinggovernment.com

Options: Reply To This Message • Quote This Message
Re: Edtablishing WDDM
Posted by: CommonOne (IP Logged)
Date: June 12, 2006 05:29AM

Well Bruce,

You know that I agree wholeheartedly with this. I've tried to call a spade a spade in my last email, but you have done it in a much more direct manner. So let's this small group of ours begin our constructive discussions.

Lee

Posted by: GeoKo (IP Logged)
Date: June 12, 2006 04:03PM

Dear DD Colleagues,

I also agree with Bruce and Lee to begin establishing WDDM from the beginning after a final announcement to all the old and new members that because of the lack of activity of most of them we take the responsibility to go on, always ready to hear their comments if they ask for informations on our procedures and conclusions and only to those members who ask for it.
All the rest will be considered as Associate members of WDDM until they will wish to become active again, after persuading the existing Administration of WDDM for their real interest to work and have any privileges of Active Members or even of Strateging Planning Comittee's Members. The latter is the name I prefer for what Bruce is referring as Board of WDDM.

George L.Kokkas

Date: June 12, 2006 04:27PM

We do not need long involved names ie Strateging Planning Comittee's Members. The task is more important. WDDM Board. There can only be one Board. Not limited to planning either. BrEggum

www.doinggovernment.com

Re: Establishing WDDM
Date: June 12, 2006 05:07PM

I submit this for membership requirements and for WDDM Board authorization and continuance.

The Membership Rules Summary's 2-5 are to complicated

WDDM Membership:

WDDM has a membership application on its website. Whoever fills it out may become a WDDM Member.

All members receive the WDDM Email. All members are encouraged to participate. They may post ideas and proposals; they may submit proposals to the WDDM Board.

There are Original Founding Members who are recognized on the website, however this does not change their membership. This is recognition of their work in the beginning of WDDM. Indeed, to become an Organization we need 20+ signatures so there may be a new set of "Founding Members" for the purpose of Licensing.

The WDDM Board presently includes those WDDM members who have agreed to actively pursue development of the structure of WDDM so WDDM may be licensed and recognized as a valid, reputable and accountable organization. Others choosing to participate actively on the WDDM Board may do so by completing the appropriate application.

The authority of the WDDM Board is derived from it's posting on the Forum with no disagreeing comments. Although it was not named, it was determined a group of "active" WDDM Members should begin structuring WDDM for Organizational Licensing status as was ordered from the very earliest WDDM Meeting. To establish the AoA for licensing

WDDM has:
1. Members.
2. Founding Members, simply Recognized for their Efforts
3. A WDDM Board which conducts all WDDM business.

Other Roles will be determined:
Officers
etc.
(I use the term "officers" as this is often the term requested or required in the licensing application.)

www.doinggovernment.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2006 05:15PM by BrEggum.

Date: June 21, 2006 07:59PM

I built a WIKI page for WDDM org Plan
here: [www.world-wide-democracy.net]

www.doinggovernment.com

Get Firefox!       Powered by Phorum.       PHP