WDDM Home DISCUSSION ON HOW TO PROMOTE DIRECT (TRUE) DEMOCRACY

WDDM Forum : WDDM Structure

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage List• New Topic • Search • Log In
Various options for WDDM structure
Posted by: WebMaster (IP Logged)
Date: May 25, 2006 05:51PM

Bernard Clayson discussed in detail various options for WDDM structure a year ago: [www.world-wide-democracy.net]
Should be taken into account in our present discussion.

webmaster

Options: Reply To This Message • Quote This Message
Re: Various options for WDDM structure
Posted by: GeoKo (IP Logged)
Date: June 02, 2006 09:24PM

Dear DD colleagues,

I basically accept the descrptions of Mirek and Bruce for our WDDM Structure.
When I 've written my proposal for Active members , a week before, I had in mind the Structure of our Greek NGO "Forum for Citizens' Democracy" that recognises 5 cocentric circles of DD activity for all our relations with Society.
I suppose they be helpful also for WDDM , as I explained in Prague last September, during the 3rd WDDM/CICDD Conferences.
They are the following , beginning from outside to inside:
We send our DD messages to the whole society and worldwide, but we recognise as :
1st "outer circle of Communication" all individuals , who are our audience volunteerly, without any typical relation to our DD Movement, although we pay much attention to their interests to hear or watch our work, for our future plans. They have no obligations, but in fact they are our antennas to Society.
The "2nd Circle of Solidarity" consists of our Friends or Associated Members, that offer volunteerly services in our activities and they have the benefit to exchange Sevices, knowledge and works between them and Active members, without paying in money between them, but they calculate and credit these services under a relation - system, decided directdemocratically , from the middle circle of the Active members. For example one hour of legal Services may be changed with three hours of private English lessons for the children of the lawyer. So, we increase our penetration in Society, as all participants, as associate or Active menbers have at least a reduction of 19% VAT, because they pay no tax to the system for these exchanged services and works, as there is no reference to material values or prices, therfore no tax can be calculated.
The 3rd or "Middle Circle of Active Members" has all DirectDemocrats who work for our aims, either in our NGO or our political Party or in local level or syndicalism at work.
The 4th "Inner Circle of Experts" has the educational role of producing evidence and making lessons to new DirectDemocrats, Active or Associate Members in order to be able to prove the truth of our beliefs.In relation to WDDM this 4th Circle can have as members all related with the Educational Organisation that Lee proposed and we all accepted in Prague last year.
The 5th "Inner Circle of Strategic Planning and Supervision" consists of the remaining Active Founding Members plus ten posts of Offer , given to Active Members under a volunteer rotation System, according to their abilities and special knowledges, covering the works of : - Coordinator and Institutional affairs Manager (that's my post) and according to a former proposal of Bruce (I suppose), we recognise also posts of Strategic Planning such as:
- Moderator of our Site

- Secretary

- Treasurer
- Intenational affairs manager
- Relations with NGOs and social movements manager
- Editor of newsletter
- Conferences and events manager

- Executive director of EDUCATIONAL Institute "DE SOCIETATE FERENDA" (4th Circle)
- Communication and Mass Media officer etc.

These positions could be appointed, elected or hired by Active members, who are accepted from this 5th Inner circle of Supervision, after having proven practically their Activity and knowledge for D.D.

There are no limitations for nobody to enter any of all these Circles of our DD Movement , except of his own wish to offer truthfully for DD purposes. Everybody participating in any of the five circles of Stucture can easily be welcome to all circles of Work and offer, even by sortition among Active Members for a few posts of the 5th Inner Circle, if this post doen't need special abilities, e.g. Computer Skills.

I hope that the above may be helpful for our discussions for the Final structure of WDDM.We can try to shape them in special clauses, accordingly for our By-Laws.

George L. Kokkas

Options: Reply To This Message • Quote This Message

Get Firefox!       Powered by Phorum.       PHP