00134: Re: Conclusions (Mirek)

From: Georges Metanomski <zgmet(at)wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:35:00 +0200
Subject: Re: Conclusions (Mirek)

Mirek:
for the purposes of WDDM right now we do not need anything complicated.
I think we need first to decide on soma common projects, and only then
to look
for more technical means.
G:
I thought that, whatever we "decide", we shall be involved
with DD Forums and, consequently, with their logistic
support.
We are actually RUNNING a DD FORUM and I thought its procedures,
progress
and achievements might interest WDDM.

If not, I apologize for disturbing the "discussion on common projects",
whatever that may mean, and you may scrap the rest of this post.

Else, I shall need a context to present the Forum to WDDM and, for
reasons
I explained, Wiki is not only useless, but noxious.

Make up your mind:

Either WDDM is destined to marketing Wiki, in which case I withdraw all
I said,

Or WDDM intends to deal with DD, in which case I maintain that Wiki is
useless and we should look for an adequate platform.
Mirek:
I think any file repository on the Internet (e.g., in Yahoo groups,
various fora) does not resolve relative links.
G:
That's why they are useless as support of DD Forums and discussions and
we should look for some adequate context.
Mirek:
Do you have a short sample of such a code, a very simple
example so I could get a better idea what you are talking about?
G:
If you ever saw an Expert System, CGI programmed for a WEB server you
would not pose this question.

Code is just a tiny iceberg top of the following set of layers:

1.Entity / Relation design.
2.Fuzzy Logic algorithms.
3.Language, Data Base choice and corresponding driver.
4.Repository expressing 1. in terms of chosen DB in order to support
API generation.
6.API (Application Interface) accepting Application requests in terms
of 1. and translating them to DB calls.
7.Application code.

There is no such thing as "simple example of application code" and
looking at application code you will not understand a single line
without knowing 1-6.

Still it may be worth while learning ES:
For writing one I got 300 000 dollars,
As by-product I have the unique adequate DD Forum logistic support.
So if you want, which I doubt, I may coach you.

It cannot be complicated, as our youngsters village group learned
to use it in a few days. Of course, they are just youngsters with
at best high school level.

For clever, grown up, highly educated and sophisticated guys from
WDDM ES may, of course look much too complex.

Georges.