WDDM Home DISCUSSION ON HOW TO PROMOTE DIRECT (TRUE) DEMOCRACY

WDDM Forum : Proposals and Initiatives

Any member can post here proposals concerning WDDM (its function, mission, goals, organization). 
Goto: Forum ListMessage List• New Topic • Search • Log In
Re: Asking about the suitability of a concept
Posted by: BrEggum (IP Logged)
Date: September 23, 2007 10:41AM

Dear Fred,
If we are going to join together with "the world" I believe we will have to accept each others way of speaking. With many languages and meanings I find broad meanings need to be considered and a bit of slack given. It seems most of my communication has some area which may be heard, but is not what I meant. I will try to do better.

U quote me: Re: "I prefer 'democracy' to mean governing by the people."

F> Not only do I agree with that sentiment, I consider it to be fundamental. If there's a difference in our opinions (and I'm not at all sure there is one), it starts to appear in your next assertion:

B> "This means the people have the first say and the last."

F> While I agree with this sentiment in a general way, I believe it is modified to some extent by the delegation of authority and responsibility to representatives of the people. As I've said, and I believe you agreed, "The delegation of authority is an essential part of democracy." For this reason, the integrity of those who represent us is critical and must be the primary object of our electoral process.

By way of example, I'd like to mention the events that transpired in the United States in 2002. Our nation was inundated with reports of dire threats to our well-being in the form of Weapons of Mass Destruction. I could not believe our susceptibility to such an incredible flood of propaganda, and on August 13th, 2002, I was moved to write:

B> Dear Fred, The people must have the first say [right of initiative] which means the people make the plans (instead of the repubs PNAC [www.newamericancentury.org]
and the last [right of binding referendum ]. PERIOD

Certainly delegation of authority is necessary, but if you delegate authority to your secretary to post this email, and he fails to do that, he is accountable to you and you have the right to discipline or fire the dude. You have the AUTHORITY to do so. The PEOPLE would have the AUTHORITY with Initiative and Binding Referendum (I&BR) to discipline and correct any matter they delegated.

Thus I say the people [with I&BR] have the first say and the last.

ATB Bruce

Bruce Eggum Wisconsin USA
www.doinggovernment.com

Options: Reply To This Message • Quote This Message
Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Asking about the suitability of a concept 1088 koikaze 09/04/2007 05:44AM
  Re: Asking about the suitability of a concept 470 BrEggum 09/21/2007 10:38PM
  Re: Asking about the suitability of a concept 502 koikaze 09/23/2007 08:02AM
  Re: Asking about the suitability of a concept 436 BrEggum 09/23/2007 10:41AM
  Re: Asking about the suitability of a concept 483 koikaze 09/24/2007 05:28PM
  Re: Asking about the suitability of a concept 506 WebMaster 09/04/2007 06:39PM
  Re: Asking about the suitability of a concept 520 koikaze 09/06/2007 05:20AM
  Re: Asking about the suitability of a concept 470 BrEggum 09/20/2007 03:16PM
  Re: Asking about the suitability of a concept 434 koikaze 09/21/2007 12:21PM

Get Firefox!       Powered by Phorum.       PHP