WDDM Home DISCUSSION ON HOW TO PROMOTE DIRECT (TRUE) DEMOCRACY

WDDM Forum : Proposals and Initiatives

Any member can post here proposals concerning WDDM (its function, mission, goals, organization). 
Goto: Forum ListMessage List• New Topic • Search • Log In
Re: Asking about the suitability of a concept
Posted by: BrEggum (IP Logged)
Date: September 20, 2007 03:16PM

I agree we need to provide a definition of what we are speaking of. True democracy, could be the base definition of simply democracy. (1) Government by the people.
We add direct or true because to often democracy was automatically considered "representative".

Of course I agree a Hierarchy is necessary to fulfill the objectives of the people. If not, who/what/how could the people govern?

Perhaps the whole concept of king and his men must be discarded. If the people held a people's assembly of a given community, they could decide the goals, objectives, needed in their community. (World community also) The people bring forth Initiatives, discussion and fine tunning, than those receiving a given number of votes (I am using electronic methods to "vote" here) they could be submitted for Binding Referendum. When the Initiative was accepted by the community it would become a directive. Than the elected "representatives" who would be simply administrators would implement the peoples directive.

There would be no need for "party's" as Administration would be a "job" people with the qualifications could be elected for. The qualifications determined by the people could be readily evaluated by past performance of the individual. Being elected, they could be UN-elected relatively easily. Much quicker than an employee who would have to be "fired" for specific cause.

Of course there would be factions (not called party's but still groups of people with like interests) also NGO's and media. These groups would add to the information network for the people to understand the issues. Of course monopolies would have to be delt with.

We need to clarify better our goal, agenda. WDDM began with Initiative & Binding Referendum (I&BR) as the key to people having control of their government. I still believe I&BR is the necessary first step for the people to govern. I also believe the people would loose their power to govern themselves without I&BR.

Regards, Bruce Eggum

Bruce Eggum Wisconsin USA
www.doinggovernment.com

Options: Reply To This Message • Quote This Message
Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Asking about the suitability of a concept 1088 koikaze 09/04/2007 05:44AM
  Re: Asking about the suitability of a concept 470 BrEggum 09/21/2007 10:38PM
  Re: Asking about the suitability of a concept 502 koikaze 09/23/2007 08:02AM
  Re: Asking about the suitability of a concept 437 BrEggum 09/23/2007 10:41AM
  Re: Asking about the suitability of a concept 484 koikaze 09/24/2007 05:28PM
  Re: Asking about the suitability of a concept 507 WebMaster 09/04/2007 06:39PM
  Re: Asking about the suitability of a concept 521 koikaze 09/06/2007 05:20AM
  Re: Asking about the suitability of a concept 470 BrEggum 09/20/2007 03:16PM
  Re: Asking about the suitability of a concept 434 koikaze 09/21/2007 12:21PM

Get Firefox!       Powered by Phorum.       PHP