02910: Subject: BASIC INCOME EARTH NETWORK NEWSFLASH 64 ...

From: <WDDM webmaster>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 01:07:30 -0800
Subject: Subject: BASIC INCOME EARTH NETWORK NEWSFLASH 64 ...

From: "Bruce Eggum (Google+)"
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 15:18:11 -0800 (PST)
To: wddm@world-wide-democracy.net
Bruce Eggum shared a post with you on Google+.
BASIC INCOME EARTH NETWORK
NEWSFLASH 64 May 2011
www.basicincome.org
The Basic Income Earth Network was founded in 1986 as the Basic Income European Network. It expanded its scope from Europe to the Earth in 2004. It serves as a link between individuals and groups committed to or interested in basic income, and fosters informed discussion on this topic throughout the world.
The present NewsFlash has been prepared with the help of Paul Nollen, Simon Birnbaum,Gwang-Eun Choi, David Casassas, Jurgen De Wispelaere, Joerg Drescher, Sandro Gobetti,Daniel Häni, Dirk Jacobi, Christina Lambrecht, Rubén Lo Vuolo, Jim Mulvale, BerndStarkloff, Dorothee Schulte-Basta, Takeshi Suzuki, Philippe Van Parijs, Karl Widerquist, and Thérèse Davio.
This NewsFlash can be downloaded as a PDF document on our website

Subject: Call for income life "There is nothing in...
From: "Bruce Eggum (Google+)"
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 20:12:04 -0800 (PST)
To: wddm@world-wide-democracy.net
Bruce Eggum shared a post with you on Google+.
Call for income life
"There is nothing in the world more powerful than an idea whose time has come." Victor Hugo
• The call sign
• Who are we?
• The signatories
• Documentary Watch
• International monitoring
• Simulations

The call sign
Beyond the social divisions, corporations, schools of thought, we, the signatories of this appeal, want to help cause now a realistic and constructive transformation of society: the income of life.
What is the income of life?
The idea is sustained for a long time by many personalities from all political backgrounds, of all faiths and nationalities. It is known by various names: basic income, income history, income citizen, universal income, guaranteed social income, dividend universal basic income, etc.. (See Wikipedia )Income of life should not be confused with the RMI, the RSA and other allowances granted conditionally. Income from life, it is automatic, unconditional and inalienable. It affects everyone, rich or poor. He is assigned to each individual, from birth to death. The amount is sufficient to guarantee everyone a decent life - no matter what -. It can be combined with other income (employed or not). It can not be arrested for the more modest, but he joined the tax base of the most affluent.
Income of life does not pay employment, but the wider workNeither the employment nor capital income, or the welfare standard can not claim now guarantee the right to the existence of each as defined in Article III of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. It is a fact due to the computerization and automation of production, full employment can not be reached. As against the work is still relevant, and its task is immense.
It is more necessary than ever for them to work, first to take care of himself, his parents, his children and his family, then work to contribute to public goods accessible to all (knowledge, arts, culture , software, etc..) finally work to invent and implement at all levels means that will leave a livable planet for future generations.
Far from being an encouragement to laziness, we affirm that the income of life enable each to the extent of its capabilities and its desire to engage in a peaceful, free and responsible in work essential for general interest that traditional jobs are not intended to take.
How to finance income of life?
It is precisely to engage in the financing of all life income funds allocated for the maintenance of the chimera of full employment. The institution of the income of life implies for the countries that will set up to review their tax and benefit system, and possibly regain some level of control over money creation to banks that they had abandoned. The calculations of the economists who have thought deeply on this issue show that this is perfectly possible (see simulations ).
There is no need to wait for some disaster to consider this profound transformation. This can be done gradually and without damage, provided there is an awareness and a commitment sufficiently massive. It is this commitment that we, the signatories of this call, want to bring.
What have we to lose?
The illusion of an employment and duly paid for all vanished with the crisis. With this loss, will also vanish much reflex to be defined in terms of their professional activities. Do not hide it, the institution of the income of life will probably lead to question more, our identity, our role in society, our aspiration to procreate with regard to the problems of demography and the nature of this we want to convey to our children.
The institution of the income of life is not without deep implicated many ways.
Nevertheless, we believe that this change of consciousness and behavior can be done without violence, and in a spirit of mutual mutual so that develops a new culture of responsibility.
What do we gain?
The institution of the income of life challenges the "work" as understood commonly, namely as the basis of capital and social relations. As we know, reducing the "work" only to "use" automatically causes other than those who do not, fear of unemployment among employees, and social control of welfare. This confusion between "work" and "employment" has a huge cost to society both financially and socially. Psychological and social pathologies that result are simply no longer sustainable.
We do not expect income rule of life that all evils, but we say it is absolutely necessary to overcome the current crisis of confidence by reducing the intolerable level of poverty, exclusion and fear.
Action
By the time the media announce the imminent daily disasters caused by the collapse of economies, climate change or pandemics, we affirm that there is an effective way to deal collectively and to mobilize forces: it is the way of life income.
We citizens signatories of this appeal, asking the policies of all stripes, unions and experts in France and around the world, to consider this route in the shortest possible time and to engage us in this transformation.
Important note:This call is the ...
Appel pour le revenu de vie | "Il n'est rien au monde d'aussi puissant qu'une idée dont l'heure est venue." Victor Hugo
Signer l'appel. Au delà des clivages sociaux, des corporations, des écoles de pensée, nous, signataires du présent appel, voulons contribuer à provoquer dès maintenant une transformation réaliste ...
View or comment on Bruce Eggum's posts »