02851: Re: [WDDM] Ferocious Attack on DD by the Economist

From: lpc1998 <lpc1998(at)lpc1998.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 21:16:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Ferocious Attack on DD by the Economist

The "Denial, Indifference and Apathy" of the common folks are only the symptoms of the more fundamental problems of the ordinary people in the way to true democracy. Ordinary people are bogged down with the needs of work, family and self. Decisions on most matters including those on governence and public affairs are often made based on misinformation, outright lies, propaganda, prejudices or ignorance cultivated, festered or promoted through both traditional and new media.  by vested interested or ideologues. So it is pretty obvious is no 1or 2 steps approach to true democracy. It has to be evolutionary and moves forward as the ground realities  change.

The 1st step forward is co-operation among the awaken to achieve a basic functioning true DD organization, but it has proven to be very tough indeed as everyone has his own circumstances and bias.

Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:59:46 -0700
From: lpc1998(at)lpc1998.com
To: wddm@world-wide-democracy.net

No, I don't. Yes, we have to be aware of the anti-DD arguments and our answers to them. This is important for visitors to our websites.

Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:13:27 -0700
From: lpc1998(at)lpc1998.com
To: wddm@world-wide-democracy.net
Subject: [WDDM] Ferocious Attack on DD by the Economist

Click the link below, if you want to read the article:

Lessons from California

The perils of extreme democracy

California offers a warning to voters all over the world

Apr 20th 2011 | from the print edition

http://www.economist.com/node/18586520

Best Regards

Eric Lim