02760: Re: [WDDM] MANY ACTIVE MEMBERS AND VOTERS

From: Fred Gohlke <fredgohlke(at)verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 17:08:54 -0500
Subject: Re: [WDDM] MANY ACTIVE MEMBERS AND VOTERS

Dear Vijayaraghavan,

Thank you!!!!

When I read your post, I was tempted to try again, but I've decided
against it. I posted a lengthy description of the Practical Democracy
(triplet) process last August, so I'll just post a note to Jiri on his
concerns about political parties and bi-directionality, and let it go at
that.

I fear WDDM is infected with what Jane Mansbridge called, "... the
dynamic of deafness to which activists in social movements are prone
when they talk primarily to one another." In time, thoughtful people
will see the wisdom of approaches that focus on eliminating the
influence of money on the political process and raising the best of our
people to public office.

Thanks, again

Fred Gohlke