02433: RE: [WDDM] Agree or Disagree

From: "Vijayaraghavan Padmanabhan" <vijayaraghavan.p(at)rediffmail.com>
Date: 16 Nov 2009 16:40:57 -0000
Subject: RE: [WDDM] Agree or Disagree

Note: Forwarded message attached

-- Original Message --

From: "Vijayaraghavan Padmanabhan"vijayaraghavan.p(at)rediffmail.com
To: autoinfo(at)acenet.co.za
--- Begin Message ---
From: "Vijayaraghavan Padmanabhan"<vijayaraghavan.p(at)rediffmail.com>
Jim,
You are right in your observations addressed to Hamid. However consider the last comment you have made:
"With DD the power is always in the voters hands". This is theoretically correct. However how can such a situation happen in the first place? How can the people enforce DD overcoming the present set of party-based politicians?

The political parties will allow this to happen only if the situation demands it. Presently the political parties happen to be the only organized groups that can contest elections and post their candidates. It is this dependency of the people on political parties that puts the people on the back-foot and tolerate the wrong doings of political parties.

Conceptualising an alternative to political parties would be a move that would put the political parties on the defensive. Strategically it would put the people in a stronger position. All said and done politics is a game and people need to be given a fair chance to realize their goal.

Regards,
Vijayaraghavan

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 23:51:55 +0530 wrote

Hi Hamid,

Look for ***

Regards

Jim Powell South Africa

From: autoinfo(at)acenet.co.za
>To: wddm@world-wide-democracy.net
>Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 19:15:12 +0200
>Subject: RE: RE: [WDDM] Agree or Disagree

Hi Vijayaraghavan,

Wedo not have to have an alternative to political parties. This would be imposingan alternative on the voters. Politicians have a job to do so that the averageperson can get on with his/her life.

Votersjust need the power to reject, modify or create legislation. Our energies needto be in this direction

Regards

JimPowell South Africa