02304: Re: [WDDM] Lata's Recent Comments

From: Bruce Eggum <bruce.eggum(at)gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:43:01 -0500
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Lata's Recent Comments

Fred, I answer in your email:

Good Morning, Bruce

Fred- The notion that 'the people' can meet in assembly and conduct our government is flawed.  The people, taken as a group, are easily manipulated ... as was shown when the majority of Americans were persuaded that Saddam Hussein had Weapons of Mass Destruction and was a threat to our country.

Bruce - Yes, this was propaganda and decisions made by the “representative government” you want. They manipulate and control the money and media also. Your REP GOV commands US what to do. Please recall, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.  I have seen honorable people elected, but soon corrupted by power. That is why your model is flawed. The people meeting in assembly can make their desires known and Command their governmental employee’s actions. You would have Rep Gov in command of their own selves, and command the people like a king and his men.

Key here is WHO is in command!

Fred- This is but the most outrageous example of our susceptibility to the deceit that permeates our society.  We are inundated with examples of it, daily, from the outrages perpetrated by the financiers (and underwritten at the people's expense by their government) to the pharmaceutical company that implements its government-ordered retraction of its false and misleading advertising with ads that are even more deceptive than those they were ordered to disavow.

Bruce-  yes, you are describing our present REP GOV. They collect their “donations” and vote for corporate interests. Corp can also manipulate media and manipulate voters. With people’s government, these monopolies can be avoided by legislation.

Fred- Although there are, among us, people who are not susceptible to this onslaught of hyperbole and deceit, they are in the minority. We need their thoughtful guidance.

Bruce- I disagree, you suggest people are easily manipulated and lack basic ability to think. I believe we can think and make decisions but presently our thoughts and decisions are ignored. The right to make decisions has been taken away by Rep Gov.  Your statements and actions are contrary to themselves.

Fred
re: "We can make these decisions as an Assembly and than command

    our 'elected representatives' to carry out our commands."

Perhaps you have an infantile need to control.  I don't.  While you focus on 'command', my thoughts are on gaining consensus.

Bruce-  The key is who controls / commands. I simply want the people to control their government and make decisions for their own well being decided by consensus of the people. I want the people in command. The last administration of Rep Gov is clear evidence the people must regain/maintain command.

re: "... You want us to do the representatives bidding. Back to

    the King and his men commanding the slaves."

This is a foolish and unwarranted misstatement of my suggestion.  If you wish to cite my objectives, please do so accurately.

Bruce-  I did, please review what you say and declare.

Fred- Your suggestion that I delete one of my statements is improper.  It is, however, an excellent example of why your attitude is immature and unhealthy.  If you wish to refute an assertion, propound a better one.

Bruce- Realizing you do not take to others input, proper or not I still say delete it.

Fred- My preference is that we discontinue this exchange.  Our views are so discordant, reconciling them is unlikely.

Bruce- Apparently your ideals do not coincide with direct democracy principles. Your disdain of the ability of people to make rational decisions exemplifies that. So yes, please do discontinue your exchange.

Sincerely Bruce

Fred Gohlke

Bruce Eggum
Gresham Wisconsin, USA