02139: Re: [WDDM] Strategy

From: Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it>
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 15:50:33 +0200
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Strategy

Fred Gohlke ha scritto:
Good Afternoon, Antonio

re: "It seems to me, this 'willingness' is the main problem.
The others, that are the different forms in which this
willingness goes to express itself, to wit Fascism,
Communism (and Capitalism too) are simple corollaries,
ie symptoms. True that these symptoms are overt, whilst
their cause - the above willingness - is hidden. This
notwithstanding, if we really wanted to solve the Problem,
we must care about the cause, not its effects."

You are correct ... and I'm glad you've pointed it out.

re: "I guess, the 'real power' is the power in the present time."

The 'power in the present time' is the the power we (who
live in nominal democracies) give our elected representatives.
They are the people who make our laws. They are also the
people who make the rules by which they get themselves
elected. That's like setting a fox to watch the hen-house.
The result is the corrupt systems we endure.

Hello Fred !

Indeed. I have got exhausted with DD writers who claim that
they give the 'real power' to people only because they write a
Constitution in which it is written that this 'real power' has to be
an estate of the 'Sovereign People'. Unfortunately, they wrote
that with a pen in their hands, not just a magic wand.

I think what you call 'willingness' should be called 'the pursuit of
self-interest'. Those who 'submit' and those who 'desire to rule
others' are both doing what they think best for themselves. That
is the 'cause' that produces the effects we lament.

Not exactly so.
I agree, our thinking brains are programmed to pursue self-interest,
that is, "what they think best for themselves."
But this pursuing willingness is only the symptomatic results of the
causative authority who made us believe that by doing just * that *
we do the "best for ourselves".
In this perspective, 'doing that' is the symptom and 'the authority' is
the cause.

We all pursue our own interest.

IMHO, we all pursue what we have been made believe as our own interest

Some pursue it more aggressively than others, but it is a natural, human
trait and we all have it.

IMHO, some one has been made believe that the aggressive pursuing
is one's own interest.

If we want to solve the problems caused by those who pursue their own
interest excessively, we must learn to harness that trait. We can not
eliminate
it. so we must learn to make it work for us rather than against us.
IMHO, this excessiveness is only the effect of the causative authority
who made many people believe (by means of example) that the excessive
aggressivity is the best to pursue their own interests.

Harnessing the pursuit of self-interest will be a painstaking task.

I think this goal would be a counter natural one, not to say suicidal

We must study how it becomes destructive and devise counter-measures
that encourage a person to serve their own interest by serving the public
interest. If we fail to do so, any attempt to empower the people is
doomed
to failure.

The attempt to empower the people is an oximoron, IMHO.
In your example, this task would look like making a petition
to foxes for they to allow us the power to encourage them to
safeguard the hen-house to serve the public interest including
their own. Not so easy a task, indeed.... ;-)

Investigating such matters is not a trivial exercise. Would you care
to undertake it with me?

I totally agree. In doing so, I believe I'm doing my self-interest for
sure.
Let's believe, it could become of public interest too, who knows?

Fred Gohlke

[I searched the WDDM site and the wiki, looking for your post,
but couldn't find it, so I'm writing you directly. I'm not sure how
this system is supposed to work, but I think the investigation we
must undertake will be more effective if done in a public forum. flg]

Well, dear Fred, I've got this same post of yours twice. One from
WDDM list, the other directly from you.
So I'm posting to both, now, something will happen

Yours,

:00