02085: Re: [WDDM] Why bother?

From: Bruce Eggum <bruce.eggum(at)gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 13:27:21 -0500
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Why bother?

Dear Ted,

Congratulations on completion of your book. I eagerly look forward to its availability. Please inform us when it is available on line.

The continuing mess of US government has opened many eyes; however the solution has not been discussed extensively. I believe the people are hungry for your suggestions.

Yes you will have naysayers however I believe the climate is such that your book is needed and will be accepted by the majority of US citizens. I certainly agree with your philosophy.

Sincerely, Bruce

Bruce Eggum
Gresham Wisconsin, USA

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 12:22 PM, <Ted Becker> wrote:
Hi Jiri:

This new organization as a network of organizations sounds infinitely
more feasible than WDDM, which you know, I've always thought would
falter.  Also, having someone involved who might have some resources is
the other thing we've never had.  If he uses some of it for the new
organization and your newsletter, we may be in business for real.
Wouldn't Mehr Demokratie be interested in joining such a network?  How
about Andi.  Afterall, he is involved in some EuroParliament stuff along
those lines and just added me, much to my surprise,to his Facebook page
and said he wanted to discuss this with me.

Yes, there will be a paperback.  If you buy the online edition, which
is relatively cheap for its size, you can request a free paperback from
the publisher which is hardbound.  I'm not sure, but I recall the
publisher tellingme some time ago that he also has amazon or
barnesandnoble.com as places one can buy just the paperback.  However,
since it would cost about the same as the online and the paperback from
the publisher, it would be a mistake not to buy the online
version...because I'm telling you this: after seeing just the two videos
they have in the first chapter, it is extremely creative and engaging
and will definitely appeal to the youth of the world.  The whole book
leads up to the last two chapters....the democratization of the economy
and governance.  It's quite a package.  It almost killed me doing it.
But I think it will be my best work in this lifetime

Also, although I exepct to get a lot of flak from Americans from
explaining our history and governmental system as it really is (Westward
expansion and imperialism from Day One plus our system being an "elected
oligarchy", not nearly a democracy)....I think it should resonate well
and educate the rest of the world about the U.S.A.  It is not pro US or
anti US.  It is realistic and pragmatic.  I also am getting close to a
deal where it will be translated into Mandarin and published in China.
I'd say I have a fair shot at that.

Your friend, ally and colleague, Ted.

>>> Jiri Polak 4/26/2009 6:21:46 AM >>>
Hello Ted!
Good to hear from you again. I believe you refer to the newly
established
DDEV. More details will be presented in the next newsletter. It́s the
idea
of Eng.Federico Tonini and  George Kokkas. They want to create a
coalition
of DD organisations in Europe, which I consider to be more promising
than
the WDDM which is an organisation of private individuals. Another good
thing
is that Federico is manager of a successful enterprisse exporting some
sort
of machine components to the whole world. He has probably more money
than we
other DD people and declared to be willing to support financially my
Newsletter - provided that it would be transformed into a DDEV
Newsletter
with only an international section. He wants to translate it into
Italian
(he already started with the June issue) and distribute it in Italy.
George
Kokkas is supposed to do the same in Greece, and perhaps Kevin Lone in

France. Federico has several Italian collaborators. Antonio Rossin is
one of
them. Wéll see. In the international section of the newsletter, I want
go on as until now. Federico is even more radical than we others. He is

furious about the corruption of the Italian system and wants to abolish
all
parties. He accepts DDD.
As to the WDDM, I regret it has been flooded by messages which should
not be
there. But it is Mirek Kolar who is in charge of that.
I obviously hope to be able to read your new work you mention. Please
let me
know where I can download it. Pitty it seems not to be available in
print.
That would be more handy.
Hoping for continued contacts I remain
Sincerely,                             Jiri