02017: Re: Fw: Re: [WDDM] I spit in your face

From: Bruce Eggum <bruce.eggum(at)gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 14:39:43 -0500
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: [WDDM] I spit in your face

"I believe that the culture of decent debating of controversial issues is one of the prerequisites of DD."

I agree Georges. Democracy takes time and it takes deliberation. Labeling a discussion left, right etc. simply takes away from the issue. Of course we will have strong differences of opinion, but please respect mine and allow me to present it. If you disagree, post your stand point but not a emotional response. The only "monitoring" should be hackers, bombers, offensive language, non-members posting. Certainly it is inappropriate to eliminate "hot topics" they are the discussion. A "monitor" may assist a poster to be on topic rather than emotional but done in a kind way.  Bruce

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 1:32 PM, <Georges Metanomski> wrote:

--- On Thu, 4/16/09, <Dan Smith> wrote:

On another list where this topic is on-topic I've debated vigerously
in defense of Israel but that is not productive or on topic in this
list. Your welcome to email me off list and we can have a spirited
debate. My question is what does this have to do with Direct
Democracy? How does it advance the cause of Direct Democracy?
===============
G:
I believe that the culture of decent debating of
controversial issues is one of the prerequisites of DD.
Be that as it may, you may perhaps have a look at my
"WHAT ISRAEL MEANS TO ME" in
http://findgeorges.com/ROOT/WRITINGS/ESSAYS/israel.html
and two essays on Israel/Palestine written in the 80th
but IMO keeping some actuality:
http://findgeorges.com/ROOT/WRITINGS/POLITICS/israel_palestine_and_the_pigs.html
http://findgeorges.com/ROOT/WRITINGS/POLITICS/israel_palestine_and_the_pigs.html
Regards