01946: Antonio's last

From: ROY DAINE <rdaine(at)btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 22:59:11 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Antonio's last

Hi Antonio,
You wrote:-

***That of drinking water was a minor argument I produced as an example of a
DD policy being performed bottom up by the people.  If you like to accept it,
nice; if you dislike, no problem as far as I can see.***

There is a big problem.

You cast yourself as an educator. You make up a story, you imply that water is imported and there is something of a shortage due to some evil corporations and you bundle this claptrap up as an example of DD. You portray fiction as fact.

And you go on:-

***
"How do you make two diametrically opposites match."

There has already been a long blushing discussion by WDDM on this topic.
At first, the WDDM membership majority seemed to consider, support, and
adjudge DD, only the interventions in "Level One" (se above), and I had
hard a job in trying to advocate the DD relevance of "Level Two".

Actually, the WDDM majority took "Level Two" as the diametrical opposite
of what the DD activists were carrying up in what I called "Level One", and
thus a useless, somehow timewasting not to say destructive, argument.  Theirs
was just the same position (and the same language) you ROY exposed in the
above quote .

Well now, let me suggest, the above Level One and Level Two must be not
considered like the two opposite stances of a competitive match.  Vice versa,
these seemigly opposite levels must be considered like the two opposide sides
of one same coin, that must match together (i.e., be carried up together) in a
mandatorily co-operative game, if we really wanted Democracy to succeed.***

So now we're to consider two things that you see as different, ie. top-down and bottom-up, as just like a coin and so the same.

You are discredited.

Roy